Roadstersport Midpipe Installation

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Roadstersport Midpipe Installation NC, ND, Fiat 124

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the feedback, happy to hear you like that Helmholtz Midpipe!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
xPhong21

Post by xPhong21 »

Hey guys,

I'm ready to pull the plug on the midpipe roadsterSport, the only thing is
I read through the forum , would anyone have any advice for me , for install?
I have the open flash header installed at the moment and the front o2 sensor is connected in the header, so i believe i no longer need to connect it to the front hole for the midpipe and just worried about the rear.

the question i have is , would it come with a gasket for the Roadster sport muffle q twin tip , or should i purchase one?

and how easy was it to install, was it more of a plug and play? what kind of advice or tip can you guys give me .
I don't want to throw a CEL either. lol

thank you in advance.
xPhong21

Post by xPhong21 »

If i do not use the front hole for my o2 sensor since it is already connected to my open flash header, how would i cover it?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Didn't see this until today. Any hole you don't use can take a standard O2 Bung plug. You can leave second O2 sensor in the header if that is where it already is located with the header you have, or you can put it in the midpipe. Normally we move it after midpipe converter to avoid codes, but sounds like you are using reflash that already turns off the code, so it really won't matter if you leave it in the header or put in the midpipe. Gaskets you need are included.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Roadstersport Midpipe Installation

Post by Brian »

bump
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

bounce
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DavidS611

Post by DavidS611 »

Hi
Just got the nc midpipe (non H) in the mail. beautiful! Are the midpipes still shipping with the gasket( pipe to muffler)? Cannot find it. I didn't realize a clamp for the midway slip joint wouldn't be included. Are people using the round cheap clamps or using the 2 inch cylinder type?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

DavidS611 wrote:Hi
Just got the nc midpipe (non H) in the mail. beautiful! Are the midpipes still shipping with the gasket( pipe to muffler)? Cannot find it. I didn't realize a clamp for the midway slip joint wouldn't be included. Are people using the round cheap clamps or using the 2 inch cylinder type?
Pull ALL the foam out of the box. I have this call about once per week with customers and while we are on the phone I asked them to yank all that foam from the box and suddenly from the other side of the line I get something like this: "oh...there it is, a bag with the clamp and gasket, etc). Big gaps between the foam blocks, it slips away out of view until you yank those blocks of packing foam.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
DavidS611

Post by DavidS611 »

Hi

Sorry for the hassle but i just again went thru taking all out of box. Agreed i can see not finding could happen. With midpipe to side i shook the now empty of packing box. All expanded foam pieces were individually shaken and then each was compressed top to bottom looking for embedded hard parts. I looked at each, both sides very closely. I then very closely looked at the mid pipe pieces. I then repeated the whole process from start. I thought maybe the gasket/clamp were engulfed in the foam during the expansion process. I am pretty sure they are not here. I guess the next step is breaking out a metal detector. It is just a regular u exhaust clamp, right?

I posted here as i thought i wouldn't bother the big guns.
I do appreciate the reply
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry to hear the search didn't turn up that bag of goodies, another midpipe customer early today found his with similar search (thread at this link).

Please reply to your email receipt so we have name and details, note that you already pulled and shook out all the foam bits. and we will have factory send another hardware bag.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com