Battery Placement

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
WilliamE328

Battery Placement

Post by WilliamE328 »

I am a newbee so please forgive this question if it has been asked before or is just plain out in left field. I grew up, think 60's and 70's, on Detroit Iron and we would put the battery in the trunk, on the right side I believe, for the weight moved to the rear and for the torque twist. My question is why not move the battery to the trunk in the new generation Fiat124? I believe the prior generation had the battery in the trunk, maybe I am confusing it with another vehicle. Anyway, thanks for your help.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Battery Placement

Post by Brian »

We did it on some stripped out NC race cars. By the time we add the 10 feet of proper gauge cable there is weight gain that cannot be ignored yet most overlook. Decided light weight battery in stock location was the better choice at half the weight of trunk alternative once you count cable. Between brakes and light battery we dropped 52 pounds....details in our Fiat 124 thread HERE.
Attachments
FiatWeightLoss.jpg
FiatWeightLoss.jpg (100.61 KiB) Viewed 2236 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com