Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
DanielS172

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Post by DanielS172 »

Brian, would you mind answering the following about your preferred setup with the MeisterRs with the 7/5 springs?

Damper settings front/rear
Preload
Sway bar type and settings front/rear

I'm currently running mine at 16/19 front/rear damping, 2mm preload, and FM front sway with no rear sway. I'm still playing around with settings, might change preload and put the stock rear sway on to see how that changes things. I'm just curious as to what your preferred setup is with these coilovers.
2014 Club | OEM hardtop | GWR HH mid, FM muffler | ZetaCRD | Wilwood LBBK | Blackbird Fabworx GT3 roll bar | TRMotorsports FF10s
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

DanielS172 wrote:Brian, would you mind answering the following about your preferred setup with the MeisterRs with the 7/5 springs?

Damper settings front/rear
Preload
Sway bar type and settings front/rear

I'm currently running mine at 16/19 front/rear damping, 2mm preload, and FM front sway with no rear sway. I'm still playing around with settings, might change preload and put the stock rear sway on to see how that changes things. I'm just curious as to what your preferred setup is with these coilovers.
Too many variables for much meaning in the comparison, you have FM front sway and no rear, we have prototype set of RoadsterSport set front AND rear (that alone means our front to rear balance is MASSIVELY different). That said, around town 20/18, for canyon fun we made that 12/10 and balance was good but again we have front and rear sway upgraded.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The journey to make a decent flow formed NC 16x8 wheel.

Test fit without wheel studs of 4x100 16x8 Dekagram just to see if it has clearance to rear links, an issue for most 16 inch wheels on NC. Yes, it clears. Need to change to 45mm offset instead of 35mm, and change to 5 lug also means need to change to 690 load rating because they could end up on the wrong car that is much heavier since the 5 lug arrangement is usually on a much heavier car.
Attachments
Deka16NC.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Where the crazy people live....in another experiment!
Attachments
RaceTwinHelmholtzNC.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
VernonA420

Post by VernonA420 »

That's wild. Helmholtz Race Dual. :shock:
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

Brian wrote:Where the crazy people live....in another experiment!
:twisted:
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

Brian wrote:A few weeks of hard driving in the MeisterR Coilovers with 7kg/5kg. First day started rough, sharp impacts seem to reach the driver regardless of the adjustment. BUT, they seem to break in with some miles and by the end of the journey I find this 7kg/5kg setup reasonable for the dual purpose owner looking for reasonable street/autocross/track value in a coilover setup.
Ideally I'd like to see what your thoughts were with a slightly softer spring rate - these sound just a little on the harsh side for a proper dual purpose car, instead sounding like a true budget track toy option?

The CRD also isn't a huge leap in price iirc, so it'll be interesting to see what the verdict is between the two!
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Love the concept, but changing a couple of details would quiet it down a bit more. Instead of using a 2.5" Y-pipe, switch it up to 2.5" in/2.0" out, and use 2" piping after the split with mufflers with a 2" core. You may even be able to make the mufflers out of the same body as the resonator appears to be made out of, being an inch or two larger in diameter with 2" in/out. That way you can probably use the same tips as the Super-Q and most of your other dual outlet mufflers with 2" outlet pipes, too, with removable baffles.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Chuck H wrote:
Love the concept, but changing a couple of details would quiet it down a bit more. Instead of using a 2.5" Y-pipe, switch it up to 2.5" in/2.0" out, and use 2" piping after the split with mufflers with a 2" core. You may even be able to make the mufflers out of the same body as the resonator appears to be made out of, being an inch or two larger in diameter with 2" in/out. That way you can probably use the same tips as the Super-Q and most of your other dual outlet mufflers with 2" outlet pipes, too, with removable baffles.
Yep, I sketched out the details for the fabricator and he could not read my scribbles on pipe size. And we know from plenty of dyno experience that the 2 inch pipe after the split costs us nothing on power, plus 2 inch pipe would save us weight in the setup.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Yeah, running through the geometry, dual 2 inch pipes flow the equivalent of a single 2.75 inch pipe, so they're plenty for a N/A 2.0L or even 2.5L engine. Dual 2.5 inch pipes is the equivalent of a single 3.5 inch, which is enough for the craziest turbo motor anyone could stuff into an NC chassis (good for 460 hp before they even start to be a restriction). :wink:
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers