going back to the NC for fun

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
rr1santos

going back to the NC for fun

Post by rr1santos »

Left my NC in the garage for quite some time now after moving on to a 2016 VW golf R. Did a couple autox events here in Sunny San Diego and wondered why I never went to autox with the NC.

Well..going to start having fun with the NC.

My 08 NC GT has 55k miles full roadster sport exhaust, AEM intake and JIC coilovers. would like to keep it NA for now but want to dabble with e85. Is it worth it? I currently daily my golf r that is full bolt on stage 2+ running ethanol blend (e35) making about 400awhp.

If there is a kit and tune available for the NC I would like to jump on it.

As far as forced induction goes it looks like I missed out on the CARB legal FM SC....but there always more fun with no CARB too.. What are my options for FI low/med boost options.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: going back to the NC for fun

Post by Brian »

We don't have a CARB boost option for NC, but we understand that several new boost options are in development and coming this Summer. That VW is fun, but over 3000 pounds it is no match at autocross for your NC, as you know Autocross is almost constantly turns and barely any straight sections.

Come on down to the stadium for autocross with that NC, it's the perfect autocross toy. In addition to SCCA events we are big fans of BMW club events, both practice and competition runs in same day and generally faster courses and lunch included they are really fun for Miatas that run in their 'X' class.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rr1santos

Post by rr1santos »

@brian

Got it. thinking about doing SC for the NC...if not just enjoy it at NA and squeeze as much as I can out of the engine. Is it possible to run e85 with upgraded fueling and tune at NA level?

I'll have to look up when the next SCCA event is. I had so much fun with the VW there im sure itll be even more fun with the NC
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, can run E85 tune on stock injectors....with tune.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
rr1santos

Post by rr1santos »

That is good to know. Who offers the tune?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

rr1santos wrote:That is good to know. Who offers the tune?
Check with Mike at Xero Limit and Dynotronics Joe.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com