RoadsterSport Helmholtz Race VS Other RoadsterSport Singles?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
MereMortalSammy

RoadsterSport Helmholtz Race VS Other RoadsterSport Singles?

Post by MereMortalSammy »

I currently have a RoadsterSport Street Single attached to the GWR (cat+resonated) midpipe and Tomei Expreme catless header. Really curious about the sound of the new Helmholtz race and how it compares to the Race and Street single.

I'm thinking about buying the Helmholtz to replace my Street single. I'm looking for something a bit louder then then street single. Is the new exhaust between the race and street or quieter than it's counterparts?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: RoadsterSport Helmholtz Race VS Other RoadsterSport Sing

Post by Brian »

Yes and no. The Race Helmholtz is both louder at full throttle and yet more quiet at cruise thanks to the Helmholtz chamber knocking out a lot of sound in the 120 to 130 hz range. The Helmholtz neck that is the valve in which essentially you have an air piston is speed sensitive so that at light throttle it makes things more mild, but as gas velocity increases with more throttle it suddenly wakes up, much like a mechanical exhaust valve but without need for the valve.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BillK336

Post by BillK336 »

Ah. NC item. Got a little excited there for a moment.
2020 JBM Sport MT, GWR RaceTT, Conti DWS, Cobalt FSTB, Voodoo, Cravenspeed, and mx5things bits…
RIP '16 MG Club GWR, Race TT, Versatune, RS Springs & Konis, Conti ECS, TRM FF10, AA & AIO, etc...
'97's SOLD...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

BillK336 wrote:Ah. NC item. Got a little excited there for a moment.
Working on something new for ND as well, but more months of work on it before it gets anywhere.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
KevinB238

Post by KevinB238 »

I don't suppose the new HH Race muffler was included in the shipments that showed up today, was it?! I can't wait to get mine on.