RoadsterSport Rear Sway Bar and Leveler

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
avera01

RoadsterSport Rear Sway Bar and Leveler

Post by avera01 »

Hi,

Adjusting the rear RoadsterSport SB to its softest position (hole farthest from the end and aiming towards the front of the car) I noticed that the stock endlink now butts against the leveler bar on the driver's side. I loosen the brackets and moved the entire SB over a little bit (approx 3/8") hoping to move the endlink away from the leveler bar. Its helps, but its still just touching.

My concern is if it will have an negative affect on the headlights or other issues (I have a 2016 GT)? I don't see any other way to increase spacing between the two other than to bend the ends of the SB outward or perhaps turning around the the endlink so that the nut is on the inside toward the center of the car.

Note: I had it set to the middle setting (both front and rear), but after yesterday's first day at novice school for autocross, the instructor when driving my car noticed that it had a slight tendency ("twitchiness") to oversteer. I even had the my first spin, although not a 360.

Any thoughts?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: RoadsterSport Rear Sway Bar and Leveler

Post by Brian »

Have noticed same on my wife's RF that at certain point in the suspension articulation it will just touch. Have yet to have actual issue as a result, nor noise, but we are looking at ways to avoid it in the future (like ultra low profile links).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
avera01

Post by avera01 »

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the reply. If you develop those endlinks, let me know, I'll be first to purchase.

With the idea of keeping the car in balance with slight preference for understeer, if the softest setting on the rear SB present a possible rubbing issue, would an alternative solution (have the rear SB set to the middle position and the front to the strongest/tightest setting) work?

Not sure which way is better or whether either option results in the same outcome.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, you can move front bar to most stiff connection (connection point furthest from bar ends) and rear bar to middle position and that will keep some understeer in the mix at the limit.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com