PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Post by Brian »

Time to help the front end TURN better on autocross/track days. A proper front splitter!
Fiat 124 splitter.jpg
Normal install for this APR setup is designed for about a 3 inch splitter. That's enough to be quite helpful at track speeds, but for autocross we want closer to our class limits (depending on class that is 5 inches or 6 inches). The carbon panel comes not pre-drilled, so you could even have a few settings from 3 inches all the way out to 6 inches as we did here. The only drawback of pushing it forward a lot is a very slight notch gap you might be able to see here at the outside edge (I could fill that gap easily enough). Autocross fun this coming weekend?

Item on our site at THIS LINK.

Running our SYSTEM ONE again on our Project Fiat 124. Updated the video while we had it on the lift.

Customer Jacey Cobb's install of our complete 'System One' exhaust leaving the starting line at BMW Club Autocross Event...Turn this Way UP! This is with the optional CrossPipe and without the Quick Change Resonator. Details in our Fiat 124 Exhaust Section
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Pic marked with locations for the skid pads we bolted to the underside to protect item going through dips we face regularly at our local autocross surface.
Attachments
skidss.jpg
skidss.jpg (87.79 KiB) Viewed 10366 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

Brian wrote:Updated Fiat 124 SportCat Pics
I'll just be in the corner, not asking about turbo upgrades...:lol:
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Likely do a turbo upgrade on our Fiat 124 this Summer, have not been in a rush to be first on that, letting the options develop.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

Brian wrote:Likely do a turbo upgrade on our Fiat 124 this Summer, have not been in a rush to be first on that, letting the options develop.
Fair call - from what little I've seen, the guys working on these are actually making bigger numbers with the same set-up on the Fiat 500's!?!

IIRC there was a near 50hp difference with what looked to be the same turbo & ecu upgrades!
AntonM920

Post by AntonM920 »

Brian I see you changed Intake? Is there was some technical problems with big one from Madness?
I have now EC V4 but have not much trust to it to be honest)) And was thinking about reverting to OEM box with something like Housing upgrade similar to what you have on latest picture.. Are you still using EC intercooler?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, EC intercooler on the car. We went back to V1 intake chasing something, and change of intake didn't make a difference on what we were chasing.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

Am I right in thinking the Fiat is more about refining what's there rather than trying to build it up to what it "should" be?

I really haven't seen many big HP cars, and its been a few years now, so there really should be a few around.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Once these cars start to pass out of warranty more and more customers will consider turbo upgrades. Thus, really too early to say how much enthusiast focus they get, I expect a lot more development on that to come.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

Brian wrote:Once these cars start to pass out of warranty more and more customers will consider turbo upgrades. Thus, really too early to say how much enthusiast focus they get, I expect a lot more development on that to come.

Warranty makes a tonne of sense - but I thought these motors had plenty of development already with the fiat 500?

I like what I'm hearing though!