Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Post by Brian »

474motorsport wrote:Hi Brian,
When upgrading to say a 255 tyre the rolling diameter increases abit. Is that much of an issue or do you look at changing final drive at all?
We actually like the slightly taller gear, both for autocross and for spreading out the power. This will be even more true with the budget boost that comes next. Normally folks move to the 6 speed to handle the power but we much prefer the ratio spread of the 5 speed, even with boost, so we stay with the 5 speed even if we break a few boxes along the way. Our Supercharged 2007 has only broken two of the five speeds in the last decade, and they cost only a few hundred from the local yards.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
vteckiller2000

Post by vteckiller2000 »

jboemler wrote:Have you considered going faster by braking less? No, not being snarky, just remembering that it worked for me.
I am going faster then the SM record at at least two tracks with soft top down and a 2.0 with bolt ons. I don't think there is not much left to pare down from my braking :)
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Glad to hear it. I've only been on track with my SM against MX5 Cup cars once, but they went by me like the wind. I have no direct numbers to compare, but based on that experience I would expect an MX5 to be MUCH faster than a Spec Miata. None of which says anything really about your own braking, and I'm in no position to diagnose your issues -- just passing along something to consider.
hubbard

Post by hubbard »

Brian, I've enjoyed this thread. While reading it, I started to wonder how one might get more power following a similar "budget" approach when I read this: "...the budget boost that comes next." So, how much longer are you going to keep us in suspense? :D It's been weeks. :P Any hints? I know zippo about this engine, but, I had casually wondered if a turbo 2.5 from a late model CX-9 might be a swap possibility for the NC. Thanks.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hi Jim

Joe is planning 2.5 version of his new budget turbo setup....that's it. When is anyone's guess. We had hoped to get it on the car before Laguna, seems that is not going to happen.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Meanwhile....New BUDGET BIG BRAKES FOR NC are getting ready, on the site by tomorrow is my hope!
Attachments
NC-BBK.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Three DAYS Hard Testing of everything at Laguna, new 12.19 Brakes did GREAT.
Attachments
LS-BudgetNC.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

More pics from Laguna...so much fun!
Attachments
LS10.jpg
LS8.jpg
LS5.jpg
LS6.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Zadnak

Post by Zadnak »

I was looking at the new budget BBK when I noticed something different.

https://www.good-win-racing.com/images/ ... BK1219.jpg

There's a helper spring and what looks like a Hyperco spring.

Is there custom spring rates being run on the Club Race MeisterR suspension or has something changed that hasn't been documented?

Cheers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

A few pages back we noted we jumped the spring rates on this project, used some used Swift Springs from our track box.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com