PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Post by Brian »

Getting ready for next race day.....with rear spoiler finally added. Prototype Blackbird Spoiler, which has proven super effective on our NC and ND, now in Fiat 124 prototype form. Looking forward to next autocross, it will balance the front APR splitter nicely.
Attachments
FiatSpoiler.jpg
FiatSpoiler.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Latest bit of fun a BIG KNOB. I have big hands, factory shift knob vanishes in my hands, so small that I usually use just 2 fingers to shift it, thought it has nice weight. So, we are working on a big knob for those who want something that better fills the palm and has the weight to glide through the gates.
Attachments
knobsFiat.jpg
FiATKNOB.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Fun Autocross in the Fiat yesterday! Fastest thing with doors at the Kickoff 2020 Season event, despite 3 year old tires on the car which were the only tires I had handy at the last moment to toss on. New rear spoiler helped a lot.

One of our complete exhaust systems for Fiat 124 (Crosspipe, Resonated Midpipe, Muffler Delete).
Ohlins Coilovers
Karcepts front and rear Sways
Wilwood Dynalite Front 12.19" Big Brake Brake Kit
OSGiken Superlock LSD for Fiat 124
Blackbird Rear Adjustable Spoiler (Prototype, cranked up to max AOA here for autocross)
APR front Splitter
17x9 with 245/40
Tork Tune (E85)
Stuffed Turbo from NGEN
Go Fast Bits DV+ Diverter Valve
RoadsterSport Ultra Light Battery MOUNTING KIT
Blackbird Fabworx ND RZ Roll Bar
RoadsterSport 4 Piece Complete Fiat 124 Underbody Ultralight Aluminum Brace Kit
Attachments
FiatAutocross.jpg
FiatAuto2.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The winning run yesterday!

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Another Fiat 124 Customer here for RoadsterSport exhaust fun. On startup I am reminded how very mild a delete is on Classica and Lusso because these models have a factory midpipe resonator (unlike the Abarth). Final sound as shown here is still well under a stock Abarth, just a nice deep note compared to almost no exhaust sound when it was stock a few minutes before. Who is next for some bolt on fun?
Attachments
FiatExh2.jpg
FiatEx.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LateNights

Post by LateNights »

That's a great angle (for me at least) - the other photos don't really let you step back and see the vehicle "as it is", but this one shows more properly just how the additions fit on the car - I'm happily surprised and will freely admit I was wrong in my initial judgement that they looked too extreme for a vehicle that might see a more subdued mix of road duties & race punishment than the good ol #200!

Although you still need to add the black hood (not just to tart it up!) - I'd really love to know if it does actually work as advertised, or if it's just a nod to nostalgia - come to think of it you might even save some weight if the paint is thinner?

Once that's done I'd still like to hear more from a performance perspective - I remember you saying how much the 124 needed the splitter after a certain point & also recall the same spoiler was quite well received on the budget NC - so I'm surprised that the only feedback was a quick mention of the new gear being helpful, although a proper rundown might be better left until you replace the rubbish tyres :shock:

(Or did the tyres hold up well and you were just being lazy :lol: )
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I like this look....

Our new Hypergram 17x8 with machined lip and carbon center....
Attachments
HyperFiatCarbon2.jpg
HyperFiatCarbon.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Customer Phillip Stephens with our Brembo Big Rotor Conversion: this kit fits behind the stock wheels no spacers required.
Attachments
BremboFiatBBK.jpg
FiatBremboBBK2.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Fun with our project cars, team member Andrea Mathers driving the turns in our Good-Win Racing Project Fiat 124 today before the clouds arrived promising more rain. Ohlins coilovers and lots of other goodies in this build, it sticks the turns!
Attachments
FiatFun3.jpg
FiatFun2.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Our dealer buddy Bryan at NGEN is a excellent dealer for both our RoadsterSport and SystemOne Fiat 124 exhausts and Bryan has now done an amazingly good installation video! Though this is for our SystemOne in particular, super useful for our RoadsterSport exhaust customers too.

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com