New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Chuck H

Re: New Good-Win Racing Project ND RF!

Post by Chuck H »

Haven't been following this thread all that closely, but now that I have an RF, it's getting a lot more attention again.

Are the RF-specific RS springs still in development or going to happen, or have the adjustable perch Konis made them unnecessary as you can just go one notch higher on the rear on those and use the ST RS springs?
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Chuck H wrote:Haven't been following this thread all that closely, but now that I have an RF, it's getting a lot more attention again.

Are the RF-specific RS springs still in development or going to happen, or have the adjustable perch Konis made them unnecessary as you can just go one notch higher on the rear on those and use the ST RS springs?
Yep, the KONI with multiple position perch killed the need for a whole new part number. I ran our standard RoadsterSport Springs in wife's RF for about a year, autocrossed on them, works great. I made spacers to get the heights right with the old Koni, now customers just use the perch adjustment.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Theanhdy

Post by Theanhdy »

Is your RF still running the original version 2 transmission or it’s been updated with a v5?
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

Brian wrote:Yep, the KONI with multiple position perch killed the need for a whole new part number. I ran our standard RoadsterSport Springs in wife's RF for about a year, autocrossed on them, works great. I made spacers to get the heights right with the old Koni, now customers just use the perch adjustment.
On your Roadstersport Suspension Package page, the recommendation for getting a soft top to ~13.25" ride height is 2 slots down from the top in front and 3 down from the top in the rear. For an RF, would the front be the same, and just bump the rear up one slot?
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Chuck H wrote:
Brian wrote:Yep, the KONI with multiple position perch killed the need for a whole new part number. I ran our standard RoadsterSport Springs in wife's RF for about a year, autocrossed on them, works great. I made spacers to get the heights right with the old Koni, now customers just use the perch adjustment.
On your Roadstersport Suspension Package page, the recommendation for getting a soft top to ~13.25" ride height is 2 slots down from the top in front and 3 down from the top in the rear. For an RF, would the front be the same, and just bump the rear up one slot?

Same positions front and rear for soft top and RF, because the minor extra weight of RF on the rear gets to irrelevant once we are talking this much gain in spring rate....this is DOUBLE the rear rate of even the Club.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I never liked the picture we had for 16x8 Dekagram on this car so trying again. The RF pics are really sensitive to angle, got to be looking at it from just the right angles for all the curves to be seen and work. I am happier with this shot. This is with Continental Extreme Contact Sport 225/50/16.
Attachments
Deka16RF.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Social distancing can be FUN! Wife and I chased each other home, her in the Supercharged RF. Roads are empty. Hit some favorite roads, flattened some curves....and the RF looking really flat at speed in the curves now thanks to the OHLINS Coilovers recently added.
Attachments
Curve2.jpg
Curve!.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Albert Flasher

Post by Albert Flasher »

Looks great Bryan! I would love to make my car that "worthy"! So far haven't hardly been able to drive it, due to Winter here in Northern Nevada. It's really not at all conducive to Summer tires! I have had a few opportunities to take it for a spin though!
2018 RF Club with BBS Package in Machine Gray
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

New shipment of our famous Progress Springs!

This is original setup we had in this RF project, shown here with 17x8 Konig Ultraform wheels and KONI Sport shocks which add another half inch or so of lowering.
Attachments
Progress Delivery Today!.jpg
UltraformRFSIDEsmall.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Trying another bronze wheel on this RF.

Konig Freeform Bronze 17x8 on our Supercharged RF