Want full exhaust on 2017 club auto.

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
PierreS934

Want full exhaust on 2017 club auto.

Post by PierreS934 »

I run E85 with stage 3 OFT E85 tune. I also have a Super-Q twin muffler. I might be interested in a full exhaust for the car.
1- Is there an option for that without major tweaking?
2- Is there a power gain to be expected? If so, how much?
3- if all adds up what exactly would I have to order?

Thanks a lot.

Pierre
PierreS934

Re: Want full exhaust on 2017 club auto.

Post by PierreS934 »

I just read each product description and it seems that they answer most of my questions except specifics about E85 tune an complete part needed.

Thanks

Pierre
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, there will be gains but how much depends on how well that tune adapts to the new setup. My expectation is that the tune has targets for air/fuel and will quickly use the factory O2 Wideband to adjust fuel trims and meet those targets.

Since you have SuperQ you order just the header and midpipe of your choice. Note that result will be AGGRESSIVE on sound, which is why there is a special 'Header Version' SuperQ that adds yet another resonator on the inlet of the muffler to catch rasp. That's something you could have a local muffler shop do easily and I would suggest a Magnaflow resonator.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
PierreS934

Post by PierreS934 »

Thank you very much Brian.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Note after install you would need to do a log and send it to the Tuner for review, let him sign off on the air/fuel ratios looking right. And because the engine will breathe a lot easier there will be opportunity to push timing advance more and that will result in both more power and more snappy response.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com