Decent tires for stock NA?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
CubG406

Decent tires for stock NA?

Post by CubG406 »

How's it going guys, I've run into a bit of an issue finding a good tire in the stock 185/60/14 size for my 1990 NA. So far the best choices I've dug up are a General Altimax RT43, Aspen Touring A/S (Big O Tire brand), Copper Evolution Tour, and the Vredstein Quatrac5 all of which are well rated and reviewed by your average Civic driver but that isn't really the best source of tire data for more spirited driving. Any experience or advice on these would be greatly helpful, and I'm open to other suggestions within the realm of logic, I don't need track tires (yet...) and I would like to avoid paying 3× other brands. Thanks in advance.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Decent tires for stock NA?

Post by Brian »

The only tire still available in that size which we can really call a 'spirited' choice is that Dunlop Direzza ZIII. Fortunately, it's a good tire, own a set myself in another size on our 08 street project Miata and have been plenty pleased with them on freeway ramps and in the canyons.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com