Project Ridgeline....the Shop Truck!

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Project Ridgeline....our new Shop Truck!

Post by Brian »

Chief Brake Engineer Ryan Passey does test fit of the new 6 pistons calipers!

Only one caliper showed up, the other is on backorder so test fitting was the most we could do today. Bummer, was planning to have these on the Ridgeline for 1000 miles road trip next week.
Attachments
RidgelineCALIPERS.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NOW LOWERED 2 inches front and rear...and loving this Ridgeline! With help from Ryan Passey welding today, exhaust configuration #23 is on and this may be the ONE! Most companies just weld up stuff that fits and call it a day, we like to really experiment with the configuration until we really dial in exactly what we want. Final test this week is road trip! Over 1000 miles to do this week on the new tires, new wheels, new springs, and with the new exhaust. Wife and dog in the Ridgeline and Wednesday morning we will do over 500 miles before lunch! Tested the spring setup on some local ramps, faster than a truck should go and it's really fun. Ultimately I want a little more rear spring rate but that's the Racer in me that likes a little more rotation, overall it's a great setup and I understand why customers love these springs so much, I really think Honda could have a Street Sport truck package with this setup and it would sell. We got gobs more grip than stock now, terminal velocity on my local test ramps up a good 15 mph, faster than most folks would ever push a truck.

Heights Front 17 13/16ths center of wheel up to lip
Heights Rear 19 5/16ths
Attachments
LoweredRidgelineEnkei2.JPG
EnkeiLoweredR2.JPG
Rlowered2.JPG
RidgelineLoweredEnkei.JPG
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Another shot.
Attachments
EnkeiRidgelinelowered6.JPG
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Configuration 23, which is radically different than where we started, literally everything has changed a few times from main muffler to helmholtz. Our Team Principal Ryan Passey welding up the latest mad scientist experiment.
Attachments
Exhaust23.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
path914

Post by path914 »

Looks great! I know the spring vendor offers a 2/3 drop kit as well. This would presumably have a higher spring rate in the rear than the 2/2 drop. Are you considering trying that option?

Asking for selfish reasons as I'm planning for the future :wink:
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

Love these updates! Certainly looks MUCH better on the springs. Do you suppose you've lost some cargo carrying ability with the rear being lowered?

Love the dual exhaust also. Are you going to expand the catalog to include some Ridgeline parts now?

Looking forward to the brake install!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, going to do the exhaust and brakes and perhaps some other goodies for Ridgeline. Did a lot or reading on customers using these springs and many are still doing full bed loads and towing, so hopefully okay there. My aluminum open trailer with Miata on it is nothing compared to what some are doing with this Ridgeline and same springs.

Got a lot of Miata customers with Ridgeline, so many that I have coined it the "Miata of Trucks" because compared to so many trucks it is smaller and handles better, etc. I have a lot of track buddies who tow their Miatas on light trailers to the events with a Ridgeline. In fact our friends at Grassroots MotorSports Magazine been telling us for years they are big fans of the Ridgeline and so we decided to give it a try. Got a 1000+ mile road trip this week to visit my wife's parents up north now that all of us have our shots. Oil change tomorrow and alignment and it is good to go.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

path914 wrote:Looks great! I know the spring vendor offers a 2/3 drop kit as well. This would presumably have a higher spring rate in the rear than the 2/2 drop. Are you considering trying that option?

Asking for selfish reasons as I'm planning for the future :wink:
No plans to try their 2/3 and I don't want to presume what they did on rates and they are reluctant to offer details on that. Our Ryan Passey did rough measurement of motion ratios and we figure the rates about 25 percent more than stock. If I ultimately want more rear after a bunch of driving and towing with these, then we will just make our own but that's down the road if ever. For the moment, I totally get why these springs are popular, there is always some compromise to be made and I think they did a nice job with these between ride and performance.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Road Trip!

Sunrise today at Bodega Bay, after 554 miles yesterday. The Ridgeline continues to gobble miles easily.
Attachments
RidgelineBodega4.JPG
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
RonaldS636

Post by RonaldS636 »

I've been watching all of this with great interest. It's nice to have you sorting things out for us!

Maybe I missed it, but did you mention the specific spring package that you have installed? Sprint springs from Burtman Industries perhaps?

I'd like to achieve better cornering and lowered stance for my RL (like the Ohlins on my NC.!), but I admit that I love how comfortable and smooth the factory setup is. Are there any sacrifices in that regard?

BTW, no mods will be installed on my Ridge in the future unless they are "Brian Approved" and sold through GWR!