Project MSM Rescue

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
path914

Re: Project MSM Rescue

Post by path914 »

Any updates?
Greg @ GWR

Post by Greg @ GWR »

Nothing exciting, just aggravating. The car is now owned by me, Greg. It's MSM #2. Had to swap the MAP sensor for the one out of my LO MSM to get it to drive like it should and so it would pass smog. The oil drain plug was stripped, so I had to put a helicoil in it. Not sure it's done the trick, because it isn't drivable at the moment. After getting it smogged I started driving it to work. Started having issues with it not going into gear. I replaced all the hydraulics at Rocky's and he helped me bleed it (he pumped the pedal). By the time I got it home it would not go into gear. Gonna try bleeding it again, but there's the possibility it needs a new clutch. Haven't had enough free time to bleed it again. So the LO got its MAP back and I drive it.
If I have to replace the clutch I'll be sure to add some pics of the job. Since this is still a 99% stock car (it has a CSF radiator, but no other mods) I'll probably go with an Exedy happy meal, the Stage 1 clutch and light flywheel combo. My wife wants to drive the car, so it's not going off the deep end...yet.
The Only Speed is Mazdaspeed
JJDGraz

Post by JJDGraz »

Glad to hear there is another MSM rebuild underway at GWR. I finely have to replace the clutch in my '04. I am getting the lightweight stage 1, 11lb flywheel, and competition engine mounts
"All that wander are not lost"
J.R.R. Tolkien