Greg's MSM: Speedy McSpeedface

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Greg's MSM: Speedy McSpeedface

Post by Brian »

Greg having fun at Miata Reunion!
Attachments
g8.jpg
g8.jpg (1.8 MiB) Viewed 4633 times
g6.jpg
g6.jpg (753.35 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
g5.jpg
g5.jpg (1.65 MiB) Viewed 4633 times
g4.jpg
g4.jpg (1.06 MiB) Viewed 4633 times
g3.jpg
g3.jpg (769.76 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
g2.jpg
g2.jpg (925.17 KiB) Viewed 4633 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The GWR Booth at Miata Reunion....the Power of One.
Attachments
GWRBooth.jpg
GWRBooth.jpg (353.1 KiB) Viewed 4622 times
g5.jpg
g5.jpg (1.03 MiB) Viewed 4624 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Greg Fun Track Shot!

HOOD VENTS FOR THE WIN! Our team member Greg is back from Miata Reunion, including over 5300 miles of driving in just 10 days! Last change before he hit the road was hood vents to a junkyard hood and he reports that the vents made a massive difference in a car that with the turbo and built motor always ran uncomfortably hot in the space around the driver's seat. He used the NC version because he liked the way it worked with the hood bump. https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-P ... 523NC.html
Attachments
MSM-GregReunion.jpg
MSM-GregReunion.jpg (718.34 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Greg @ GWR

Post by Greg @ GWR »

Miata Reunion 2022 post trip review:
The Miata reunion was held at Barber Motorsports park outside of Birmingham Al this year. The track is in a gorgeous park-like setting, complete with whimsical artwork and statuary placed all around the grounds.
The track itself was a blast to drive on. There are several elevation changes, a couple of blind crests, and a gnarly decreasing radius turn. It's a pretty technical track that still has a couple of places where you can lay the power down.
Saturday morning started we me unpacking tools and such from the MSM and being interviewed "live" for YouTube in Japan. I hope they understood me with my southern accent.
We got to participate in the parade laps, so we are looking forward to Miata Reunion posting video taken from both a chase truck and from a drone. I am in the second row, so my MSM should be easy to spot.
I had the opportunity to meet customers and make some new friends. A big shout out to Tanner who I met at registration. Thanks for giving me water and for taking me with you to lunch on Sunday!
I also got to meet some fellow vendors and put some names with faces. I met Mark and Mark from Paco Motorsports and Lee from Koni Shocks (thanks for sharing your shade!). Mark Rivera from Paco had his lifted ND at the event and the car looked great and was extremely well put together. I got to meet Johnny from 9Lives Racing and see his V8 Miata up close (which was running some low lap times). Another San Diego vendor present was AWR Racing. Both Allie and Liam from AWR went for rides with me in the MSM. We had a good time. Thanks to Allie for the photos, some of which we have above.
Kenauto from Japan is always at the Reunion and this time was no different. I got to talk to Ken Obara who was also participating in the track sessions. And I finally was able to get one of their t-shirts, score!
Attachments
Arriving at Barber Motorsports park
Arriving at Barber Motorsports park
Fixed sign.jpg (3 MiB) Viewed 4580 times
View looking towards the scoring tower
View looking towards the scoring tower
Fixed tower.jpg (1.59 MiB) Viewed 4580 times
Getting ready to film the parade laps
Getting ready to film the parade laps
fixed parade lap.jpg (2.21 MiB) Viewed 4580 times
The Only Speed is Mazdaspeed
Greg @ GWR

Post by Greg @ GWR »

CANNONBALL ANYONE???

Ever think of doing the Cannonball? It feels like I've been practicing. I love road trips and I have a knack for driving long distances, been doing it since my twenties. Driving to Alabama for the Miata Reunion was a big yes for me. I wanted to go drive a cool track I've never been to, and driving 2,000 miles to do it was a piece of cake in my mind. My hometown is Louisville KY and I have already driven the 2,200 mile trip there several times. Going to Barber would be no different. As it turns out, a bad radiator cap delayed my departure, so I was on a mission - get to Birmingham and check-in before my reservation was canceled. Challenge accepted.
Here are mileage details of my trip:
My house in Chula Vista CA (south of San Diego) to my hotel in Birmingham - 2,041 miles. Driven in 30 1/2 hours.
I had folks at the Reunion ask me how many days it took me. The answer is 30.5 hours. I drove straight, stopping for fuel and two naps in rest stops, one for 1/2 and hour and a second nap for an hour. I got to my hotel in plenty of time to get a good night's rest.
Leeds AL (where Barber Motorsports park is located) to Louisville KY -390 miles. took about 5 1/2 hours.
Louisville KY to Chula Vista - 2,245 miles, driven in 34 hours and six minutes (i used the stopwatch on my phone). Same trip as the one to Alabama, straight through with fuel stops and two longer naps. I wasn't in as big a hurry to get back to work.
So the round trip, including driving around Louisville for 5 days, was a total of 5,373 miles, with 4,286 miles of it driven in 64 and 1/2 hours. In a race seat...
Attachments
for those at the Reunion who didn't believe I had brought everthing they saw at the track with me, look here. We start with an empty trunk.
for those at the Reunion who didn't believe I had brought everthing they saw at the track with me, look here. We start with an empty trunk.
20220731_150101.jpg (4.18 MiB) Viewed 4575 times
empty passenger seat.
empty passenger seat.
20220731_150154.jpg (4.37 MiB) Viewed 4575 times
Full trunk with toolboxes, jack, jumper, and a bunch of other items. My small folding table and chair goes on top before shutting the lid.
Full trunk with toolboxes, jack, jumper, and a bunch of other items. My small folding table and chair goes on top before shutting the lid.
20220731_152840.jpg (4 MiB) Viewed 4575 times
Full passenger seat. Blue bag for helmet. Yellow suitcase (carry-on size). Cooler, backpack, extra oil, and other items.
Full passenger seat. Blue bag for helmet. Yellow suitcase (carry-on size). Cooler, backpack, extra oil, and other items.
20220731_152910.jpg (4.32 MiB) Viewed 4575 times
The Only Speed is Mazdaspeed
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

One more pic!
Attachments
Konig Hexaform Greg Miata Reunion.jpg
Konig Hexaform Greg Miata Reunion.jpg (1.68 MiB) Viewed 4341 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
JJDGraz

Post by JJDGraz »

Hey Greg and Brian,

I also have an '04 MSM. And I am looking at exhaust upgrades. I have tried to find a better down pipe unsuccessfully... So far. I did just buy the mid pipe on your page. Do you have any information on where one could find a downpipe?

Thanks in advance!
"All that wander are not lost"
J.R.R. Tolkien