Lower bolt removal on intake manifold

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
RobertM931

Lower bolt removal on intake manifold

Post by RobertM931 »

Hey guys,

I'm following the JBR instructions for installing their catch can on my ND and step 22 shows removal of the lower intake manifold bolt. They are having me approach it from the driver-side wheel well.. I'm having a hell of a time getting a socket with extensions and wobbly-bits to fit over this with the lack of space and wiring in the way and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on the best way to get at it?

Step 22, page 11 of https://www.jamesbaroneracing.com/suppo ... ctions.pdf
RobertM931

Re: Lower bolt removal on intake manifold

Post by RobertM931 »

After a long period of cursing, questioning what I was doing with my life, etc. I was finally able to get it removed using a 9" extension attached to a wibbly-wobbly (technical term) attached to another 3 inch extension and a little more patience than I actually had.
MarkP066

Re: Lower bolt removal on intake manifold

Post by MarkP066 »

there are extensions that have a bit of a "wobley" taper built into them sometimes it makes all the difference. Being a retired high end auto tech I have lots of Snap On, MAC, Cornwell etc tools but I always seem to use the Harbor Freight stuff lately. If I lose a $100 snap on ratchet is one thing if I lose a ratchet from a $29 3 pack from Harbor Freight that is something else.