Question about assembling Roadstersport end links

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
jdaniels509

Question about assembling Roadstersport end links

Post by jdaniels509 »

I just purchased RoadsterSport V2 Sway Bar End Links for the rear of my NC because the racing beat end links proved too long ...I'm getting end of sway bar contacting sub frame over large dips.

Question about the Roadster Sport links. The nuts and end spin right onto the long brass shaft easily by hand. They do not thread onto the shorter black shaft by hand ...they bind up. The threads look the same between the 2 shafts, but the jam nuts and ends don't spin on easily. I don't want to grab that shaft with pliers to help thread on the nuts and ends. Am I doing something wrong? Is the black shaft bad?
06 GT 6M
Formerly: 95 B&T Miata
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Question about assembling Roadstersport end links

Post by Brian »

Coating treatment on the black is just a hair thicker. If you can match threads between the two shafts by pressing threads together side by side should be able to get the ends to screw onto the black one too, even if it just has more resistance because of the different coating. Feel free to give us a call tomorrow if you have trouble.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
jdaniels509

Post by jdaniels509 »

Thanks Brian, Yeah, the threads appear to match. I'll play with them some more tomorrow. I just don't want to bugger up the threads by gripping the shaft with pliers to hold it firmly enough to screw on the nuts/ends. I'm sure I'll get them on ...if not I'll call you guys.
06 GT 6M
jdaniels509

Post by jdaniels509 »

You were right Brian. With a little more persuasion, everything threaded on fine. Next nice day off I'll swap these links on the car, should be good to go.
06 GT 6M