FS: 2007 Mazda MX-5 - 2006 CSPL National Champion car

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
ronbauer

FS: 2007 Mazda MX-5 - 2006 CSPL National Champion car

Post by ronbauer »

I really hate to do this, but I'm putting my 2007 MX-5 up for sale. This car is set up for CSP and is one of the best set up cars in the country. No expense has been spared, which is the reason why this will be such a good deal for someone. It just isn't possible to buy a car and set it up like this for anywhere close to this price.

This car has won many National level events, including the 2006 CSPL National Championship. I was the instigator of this car in CSP and had some big wins early on.

I purchased the car new in early 2007 and immediately started setting it up. It was purchased as a "Sport" model, which meant cloth interior, 5 speed transmission, and came with the Convenience package which included power door locks, cruise control, fog lights, and a couple other small items. The car has never been in a wreck of any kind. It currently has approximately 12,000 miles on it. I originally had a 2006 car that came with the 6 speed, but as courses were faster back then, I determined the 5 speed was the way to go. So, I traded my '06 in on the '07. Shortly after that, courses started slowing down, and the earlier cars started catching up, so I swapped out the 5 speed transmission (which included a new driveshaft as well,) for a 6 speed.

Included with the car:

2 nearly new sets of 285/30/18 Kumho V710s. Can swap one set of 285s for 245s if wanted.
1 set of 18x9.5" Enkei RPF-1 wheels, with one of the above sets of tires fitted
16x8 3rd gen RX-7 wheels with 225/45/16 Kumho Ecsta SPTs for the street or rain events
DC Sports MX-5 Cup header
Goodwin Racing Midpipe
Custom Turn down at end of midpipe - Can be switched with custom muffler for quieter sites or street driving
K&N Apollo cold air intake or AEM cold air intake - I will keep whichever one you don't want for my street car
Moton Clubsport shocks
Hypercoil springs
Mazdaspeed RX-8 front swaybar
Mazdaspeed clutch type LSD
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
SPEC lightweight pressure plate and disc (also have another clutch available instead)
Sparco Evo 2 seat
Custom "Jim Daniels" rear spoiler
Sniper tuned computer with full reflashing capabilities
Air conditioning removed from car (can include parts to put back in if wished)
Radio and speakers removed from car and filler plate put it (again, can include stock parts if wanted)
Airbag pulled from stock steering wheel (stock wheel is lighter than pretty much any aftermarket setup) - Will include airbag
Stock seatbelts removed, and race lap belts with camlocks installed
This car is very fast and usually competes for top time of day in our tough Northwest Region events. It won the overall Pax class this year as well.

I have taken this car a few steps further than everyone else out there to save weight. With the current clutch in the car, it is VERY street driveable, although all of the stickers make it stick out in traffic! As I noted above, I can include the air conditioning and radio/speakers if you want to make this completely driveable. Or you can keep going on turning it into the ultimate CSP car. There isn't a lot left, but the work is never done.....

Synthetics used in the engine, tranny, and differential. All maintenance has been done regularly, but keep in mind that the miles are still really low on this car.

I will include all setup information that I have used on this car

Car is located in the Seattle, Washington area. For more information e-mail me at ron@bauerspeedracing.com or give me a call at 206-892-8423. I can't always answer my phone, so leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

$25,500

ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Car is sold!

Ron
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

ronbauer wrote:Car is sold!

Ron
Congrats...though we will miss you in the miata ranks.

I would like to emulate that rear spoiler and if you have pics that show more detail then please share when you have the chance.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ronbauer

Post by ronbauer »

Thanks Brian,

I'll certainly miss the crew. I had a great time in the class, and may be back again.

Jim may be willing to build you a spoiler. I'll check with him. It could be that he's more than happy to allow me to show the pics.

Ron