Miata only track event in Texas!!!!

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
nails

Miata only track event in Texas!!!!

Post by nails »

TDR at MSR Friday May 22, 2009

Track Dog Racing and Apex Driving Academy are hosting an HPDE Miata event the Friday before MiataWorld II weekend out at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson Texas. This track is about a 45 minute drive from the MWII host hotel.

We'll be running the 1.7 mile CCW. The course is very smooth with many off camber curves increasing the difficulty. Plus there's a double S called Rattlesnake that would appeal to autocrossers. There's wide open spaces so you won't hit anything if you run off the track. They have four passing zones that benefit the high horsepower cars. Also, the Ricochet and Big Bend are light braking (Ricochet is more of a lift) to settle the Miata for wide open throttle so I would describe this course as momentum meets autocross.

If you've never been to MSR it's like a country club of tracks. Very nice facilities. They have an air hose so no need to fumble with the cigarette lighter compressor. They have a Texaco with race gas, as well as street, right out front. They have a great grid with a roof over it so you don't get hot waiting in the sun. The track workers have their walkie talkies tied into an FM repeater so you can dial your cars stereo to 88.9 to hear track warnings.

Should be an outstanding event. You won't be disappointed. You can register on Apexes website. http://www.apexdrivingacademy.com/schedule.htm You'll need to login and when you sign up make sure to list what experience you have in their comment box. They will group you accordingly.
johnxsi

Re: Miata only track event in Texas!!!!

Post by johnxsi »

nails wrote:The track workers have their walkie talkies tied into an FM repeater so you can dial your cars stereo to 88.9 to hear track warnings
Apologies for the hijack, but the FM repeater thing is brilliant! I've never heard of that been used at a HPDE day, but it sounds like a really smart idea.

If Texas was a little bit closer I'd be there in a heartbeat :)
nails

Post by nails »

Bump. Just two weeks to go and we still have 28 slots available. Open to any level of experience.
Sandor

Post by Sandor »

figures, now that I am in Afghanistan, I find out that there is an event right in my back yard. WISH I WAS HOME. Oh well. maybe next year. You guys have fun and take an extra lap for me.
2006 Limited: Sways, Scan guage, Limited slip, RPF1 with Yokahoma Advan Neova 235/40 17, Konig Runaways with Exclaim UHP 245/40 17, Ohilns. Cosworth S/C, double hoop w/ brace
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2923127
nails

Post by nails »

That's too bad Sandor. I was hoping to get to meet ya and see your awesome LE in real life. If you're back Stateside by September, there's another Miata only track event outside Tulsa OK called Miatas at Hallett.
About 20 cars from the dfw area go up for this.

One week to go and we have 21 slots left!
Sandor

Post by Sandor »

I wish I could go. I am stuck here in Afghanistan until, at least, mid November. I will not be in Texas until Thanks Giving, at the earleist. But, there is always next year. I am going to make up for the lost time, for sure.
2006 Limited: Sways, Scan guage, Limited slip, RPF1 with Yokahoma Advan Neova 235/40 17, Konig Runaways with Exclaim UHP 245/40 17, Ohilns. Cosworth S/C, double hoop w/ brace
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2923127