NC Koni Yellow Sports

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
whptgud

NC Koni Yellow Sports

Post by whptgud »

I had these on my 2006 NC for about 2500 miles. These are the yellow sport shocks which are adjustable front and rear. They are in good shape with no leaks and only a few scratches. They work nice with the stock springs as they lower the car about 1/2 inch. $350 + shipping
mykrrrr

Post by mykrrrr »

location and why are you selling?
whptgud

Post by whptgud »

mykrrrr wrote:location and why are you selling?
I'm in Carson City Nevada. I decided to go with coilovers and now they are just sitting on the shelf.
Edens

Post by Edens »

Very interested.. How much to ship to 72120??
1990 Miata SCCA T1 Road-Race Car
2005 Mazdaspeed Miata BSP Monster
whptgud

Post by whptgud »

Edens wrote:Very interested.. How much to ship to 72120??
I dunno, I would guess $35 - 40. Feel free and send me an email at
cove creekwhips@prodigy.net (take out the space). I'll be out of town until Monday..
whptgud

Post by whptgud »

The KONIs have been sold...
Adrianvh

Post by Adrianvh »

Can I ask since you've driven both, the difference between Koni's and coilovers?
I'm tossing up either option and would love to know the upgrade difference between koni's too coilovers.
Thanks
Adrian
Strive to be greater than what you are now.
whptgud

Post by whptgud »

Adrianvh wrote:Can I ask since you've driven both, the difference between Koni's and coilovers?
I'm tossing up either option and would love to know the upgrade difference between koni's too coilovers.
Thanks
Adrian
Both are nice but there are pretty big differences. The Koni's are a high quality product. I ran them with the stock springs and it worked well over the stock setup. This lowered the car about 1/2 inch. The adustability of the dampers was a big plus. On low settings, the ride was about stock. The firmer you set them they flatter and stiffer they became. However, on firm settings I thought I needed more spring which is why I went with the coilovers.
The coilovers give you a lot more spring along with the ability to level/lower the car. They have adjustable dampers as well. I keep the coilover set at around 40% firm and that is about perfect for me. My ride height is set at about 1 1/2 inch lower than stock. The ride is now actually better than stock even with stronger springs and stiffer dampers.
If you can, go with the coilovers. I wish I would of instead of doing this suspension thing twice...
Adrianvh

Post by Adrianvh »

Awesome advice, thanks!
Strive to be greater than what you are now.