RPF1 in 14"

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

revlimiter wrote:WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing. The order page lists 28mm. Aren't these supposed to be 19mm offset? That was kinda THE thing about these wheels, other than the weight and everything else. Hoping it's a misprint.
Nope, that's accurate...they only have 28mm. They had apparently made that decision long before even bringing up the idea to me. Same with the color choice, that decision for silver had already been made.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
revlimiter

Post by revlimiter »

Oh well. I ordered anyway, even before seeing the answer. I'm excited to get them.
zooki

Post by zooki »

Brian wrote:Nope, that's accurate...they only have 28mm
So will the face of the wheel have the RPF1 35/41mm appearance, or the flat face from the 19.5mm pics?
roadster dave

Post by roadster dave »

Yea, a non-concaved face is pretty much a deal breaker. Can you get any pictures from enkei? Why would they make them in +28 when +19.5 obviously already exists.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Exists at one time in history and exists in current production are obviously two different things. The wheels on the yellow car you guys were all ga-ga about are not the 35/41.....yet they don't appear to be 19 either. That looks like the 28mm (looks like rim to fender lip is about the same as all our 25-30mm spec miata wheel photos).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
revlimiter

Post by revlimiter »

roadster dave wrote:Yea, a non-concaved face is pretty much a deal breaker. Can you get any pictures from enkei?
Agreed. As silly as it sounds, the face is the reason I want these wheels. If it has the same convex face like the 15s 16s and 17s, I'd have to cancel my order. The offset can be made up with a spacer, but the flat face can't. I suspect I'm not alone in this.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I will get Japan to confirm. Years ago I ran Revolution 505s in 14x7 in a 27mm offset on my 94 miata and they looked EXACTLY like this shot of the yellow car....so I am pretty confident this must be the 28mm. They are certainly not sticking out in the way a 19mm would. And if you check our pics of any spec miata fitment (15x7 25-30mm) you see the same relationship of rim edge to fender lip edge....see second picture which is 30mm (ignore the face of that very different wheel and look where the rim edge and tire are in relationship to fender lip edge.).

Last edited by Brian on Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
zooki

Post by zooki »

I'm impatiently waiting with my finger on the pay button lol. but I'm kinda serious at the same time.
roadster dave

Post by roadster dave »

Im sure they are familiar with the i-styling wheel seeing as they produced it. Maybe just have a conversation regarding that wheel and see how it compares to the +28 as that is the wheel we are all after (look wise). If you you need some reference material: http://translate.google.com/translate?p ... l=ja&tl=en
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Most every wheel Enkei makes uses the same face for two offsets. For example, the 15x7 RP-F1 in the 35mm and 41mm are the same wheel....they just machine off 6mm from the 35mm back to get the 41mm version (which is why the 41mm is slightly lighter weight and the back of the 35mm product actually lists both 35mm and 41mm...once the 6mm is shaved off you can only read the 41mm). I imagine the 19 and 28 are the same face, same wheel...with a shave of 9mm from the back to make the 28mm version. Question has been sent to Enkei Japan and should get response by early next week.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com