Budget NC coilovers, revalved Bilsteins

Welcome to the Good-Win Racing Forum. Feel free to tell us who you are, leave any comments or suggestionson how we can serve you better
grippy

Budget NC coilovers, revalved Bilsteins

Post by grippy »

I have a set of low mileage factory Bilsteins (9K) from 2006 Miata that I had revalved for stiffer springs for track use. Set up for 750F/450R spring rates. The shocks now have a treaded cap on top so changes can be made easily (stock has a crimped on top that is not servicable). includes coilover threaded sleeves purchased from Mazda motorsports ($280). Also included Goodwinn spring adapter to run 2.5 dia springs if desired ($80) Springs may be avialable seperately. $750 or BO
call Gordon at 774-319-1562 or gandrade@cybexintl.com
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

what are your new setup then?
grippy

Post by grippy »

My wife found a job so I got a set of Ohlins which is what I wanted in the first place. I also ran Ohlins on my old car (ITA 95 Miata).

These Bilsteins are very similar to a Spec miata setup.
Gordon
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
mykrrrr

Post by mykrrrr »

since i'm thinking that 750 lb springs will be not so fun as a daily driver, what do you think the softest spring rate i could run?
grippy

Post by grippy »

Higher spring rates are not too bad if the shocks are valved correctly. These have just a bit more compression damping but a lot more rebound. I think they could handle whatever you want to put on them. I had them set up that way on a dedicated track car, it was firm but not too bad. I'm sure you could go lighter on the rates and be fine. If you decided that you wanted something specific they could be easily changed now that the caps are machined. The stiffer rates do a good job of fixing the body roll under cornering.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
mykrrrr

Post by mykrrrr »

grippy wrote:Higher spring rates are not too bad if the shocks are valved correctly. These have just a bit more compression damping but a lot more rebound. I think they could handle whatever you want to put on them. I had them set up that way on a dedicated track car, it was firm but not too bad. I'm sure you could go lighter on the rates and be fine. If you decided that you wanted something specific they could be easily changed now that the caps are machined. The stiffer rates do a good job of fixing the body roll under cornering.
you should let me try them out before i buy them. :lol:
i've had pretty stiff coilovers on my old Civic Si but i'm not sure that i'd be ideal for a DD.
who can do the revalving if i felt it was too stiff?
grippy

Post by grippy »

This is where I had the work done, Bernie is a good guy. http://www.stewartdevelopment.com/
Anyone who does Bilstein rebuilds can do it. Shaikh at Fat Cat also does a nice job. He could even make them rebound adjustable if you wanted. But there is probably someone closer to you that can do it.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
grippy

Post by grippy »

OK, I will include a set of 750 x 8" front and 450 x 8" rear springs, all ready to go.
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
mykrrrr

Post by mykrrrr »

still got them?
i might be interested since i saw the ruleset for STR.
pls email me scooterdorkATgmailD O Tcom
grippy

Post by grippy »

sale pending
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC