MX5 NC AERO Project...Carbon Hardtop, Flat Bottom, Diffuser

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Brian wrote:Didnt sell it....thats just a place holder and should be ignored.

Looking at various combinations of having the panels laser cut and then we would finish up the detail work in house. the items are much more complicated then they might appear from the photos. Still working the options...
Indeed your design is a lot more complicate to manufacture than mine. You feature mounting point extent from the under tray. My design has separate mounting bracket. Otherwise, our design is almost the same. BTW, inside your picture your car is on jack stand standing on the control arms. This mimic the suspension geometry when the car on the ground. However, do you have enough clearance when the suspensions unload completely? This is one of my concern around that area. I worry the rear suspension lower control arm may push against the under tray when the car onto a hoist.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, we have full suspension clearance....and full access to service for oil change etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
grippy

Post by grippy »

I am mostly curious about what you did at the front. Should have an integral splitter. How that would fit up to my GV lip is a concern for me. What front lip are you running?
Gordon Andrade
06 Miata
COMSCC #10 SC
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

grippy wrote:I am mostly curious about what you did at the front. Should have an integral splitter. How that would fit up to my GV lip is a concern for me. What front lip are you running?
Brian is running Mazdaspeed front bumper. I am running appearance package front lip. Both of us feature front splitter. Not sure about Brian’s one but my own creation sticks out approx 3 inch. I will redo the splitter to make it wider on the side to flare with my side rocker extension panels.
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Brian wrote:Yes, we have full suspension clearance....and full access to service for oil change etc.
Indeed I think I am good with my Ohlins too. I am suppose to have fairly easy access to oil change too but the new addition side rocker extension make jacking up the car a lot more troublesome. Hard to reach oil filter, plus free access to vacuum oil drainer is the reason why I opt to relocate my oil filter. After everything is done I can change my engine oil in less than 10 minutes without jacking up the car.
George

Post by George »

Brian wrote:Looking at various combinations of having the panels laser cut and then we would finish up the detail work in house. the items are much more complicated then they might appear from the photos. Still working the options...
Keep it up man! I can't wait to get my hands on that stuff. Stealthy aero! Awesome!
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Thanks for the support!

Another teaser for you guys... I suggested earlier that the parts are actually far more detailed than you can tell from the stand back photo of the entire kit laying on the floor. This extreme closeup gives you an idea of what I mean...

Three guesses on what is going on in this photo?

Image[/quote]
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

Brian wrote:Thanks for the support!

Another teaser for you guys... I suggested earlier that the parts are actually far more detailed than you can tell from the stand back photo of the entire kit laying on the floor. This extreme closeup gives you an idea of what I mean...

[/quote]

I should not be the one to "guess" but i can't help :wink:

Hole on the far right is the rear tow hook mounting point

Holes on left are the to release the air trapped inside the rear bumper. looks like you also did some extensive cut to your bumper but why don't go all the way and open the whole area behind the rear tires? :wink:
George

Post by George »

Brian wrote:
My first guess would be that some extensive thinking has gone into the design of this kit. You are systematically tackling the aero issues in the NC. I love it!
2006 NC, Copper Red
2.3L, BEGi Turbo, Enthuza 3".
07miata

Post by 07miata »

Yeah my guess is to release pressure from the rear bumper. I've thought about running rear-bumperless at the track to see if it would help my times from the way it feels. :)