zero offset?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
BAM!

zero offset?

Post by BAM! »

does anyone have any pics of a 90-97 miata w. zero offest wheels?

also, in norman garretts' book, he says how a 10mm offset can change your ride and can make you wreck, yet theres so many people run -35mm or wheels with spacers! can someone clear this up for me? the zero offset wheels will probably be mainly for show and some street driving if feasible. id like to run -35mm offset for autox and road racing.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Norman vanished from the Miata world eons ago. My suggestion is that you burn the book.

Nonetheless, for street use we usually recommend staying in the realm of factory offset which is 40mm for 15, 16, and 17 inch wheels. That makes fitment easy and keeps the scrub radius normal so the steering feels best, etc.

On the other hand, for track work there is no doubt that when all other things are equal (they rarely are) the 35mm is faster than 40, and 30 is faster than 35mm. Sorry, no pics of 0 offset. The 30mm pushes a 205 right to the edge of the fender lips...meaning that 0 offset would stick out quite a bit.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BAM!

Post by BAM! »

ive heard "man that brian works hard" and theyre right! thanks for the info. i cant tell what these offsets are but i likem. you think its ok for daily driven street use? i have the racing beat race springs and koni yellows...
http://www.hundred-one.com/page_thumb12.htm
http://www.hundred-one.com/page_thumb2.htm
ameteur pro race driver
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Hmmm..those likely are about a zero offset. WE do sell the E production wide body kit which would get you a similar result. Some of the wheels we sell are made in Zero offset and we can get them (konig rewinds being one example).
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BAM!

Post by BAM! »

how much for some konig rewinds in a 15x7 flavor, zero offset, gold/polished lip w/ a 4x100 pattern? 8)
ameteur pro race driver
BAM!

Post by BAM! »

oops i just saw you cant get them in gold... how about now? :) if you cant get gold, then maybe either silver or gunmetal.... and thanks in advance, brian. :wink:
ameteur pro race driver
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Sorry, no gold...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com