Suspension suggestions for a non-track car?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NC+Will=Happiness

Suspension suggestions for a non-track car?

Post by NC+Will=Happiness »

I am looking to upgrade my suspension. I love the car so far but I feel it could be tighter/more responsive at speed and corner flatter. I have read all the many great things about the JIC coilovers but would that be going too far for a guy who does not race? I love a good stiff ride, and so do my kidneys, so this is not an issue. Any opinions from all of you who have changed your stock NC "Sport" suspension?

-Will
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

For those that do not want to go as serious as the full coilovers there are the Eibach springs we carry. Just a mild increase in rate and they get rid of that 4x4 look by lowering the new Miata 1.5 inches in the front and 1.3 at the rear. This spring kit is a dealer installed option in Europe and has proven popular with our customers.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
NC+Will=Happiness

Post by NC+Will=Happiness »

Thanks for the suggestion. Can I use the factory Bilstiens with these effectively to get rid of the "freeway speed float"?

I really appreciate you taking a moment to answer questions! Nice to have the opinion of someone who has "been there, done that" with the NC. I usually learn by trial and error with my vehicles. This saves me some error 8)
2006 MX-5 "Sport" 6-spd, Galaxy Grey, Black Interior
AEM CAI
RoadsterSport Exhaust
Eibach Anti-Roll kit
JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers some time in the next eternity!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, here are the Eibach rates:

Front 140 linear
Rear 70/120 progressive.

That compares, for example, with stock 110 front...a pretty mild increase designed to work with the factory shocks.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com