Brake kit for mostly stock NA

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
simnaj

Brake kit for mostly stock NA

Post by simnaj »

I bought this as a project car, so I can't really see myself just replacing the pads. I am looking for suggestions on a 4-wheel brake kit for a normally aspirated '96. Suspension has been modified using Racing Beat Sway Bars and Street Springs, Koni Sport Shocks.

I am looking, in the future, to install a Jackson Racing Supercharger, however that is a ways off... Since I use this primarily as a street toy, and maybe sometime in the future autocrossing I guess I do not need a Big Brake Kit.

I guess what I am asking is "for spirited driver and a street toy should I go with the Perfromance Brake Kit or the High Performance Brake Kit?"
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Can't go wrong with either...but note the Hawk pads with the more expensive kit are more aggressive. Thus, depends on what you want. For the casual street user looking to upgrade to something that will do much better in all conditions (particularly the wet thanks to those slots), the slotted rotor and mintex kit works great. But if really looking for more BITE, then...the higher performance kit with Hawk pads is the way to go.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com