Cosworth intake on NC?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
BBD

Cosworth intake on NC?

Post by BBD »

I've read an article or two about Cosworth selling intakes for the NC engines Ford brethren. The issue of SCC that talked about it mentioned that for the Miata's 2.0L, they figured they'd get 199whp with the intake and head mods. The intake alone netted something like 20whp on an SVT Focus, which was surprising, to say the least.

Have you heard about such parts coming for the NC?

I'm trying to decide between a new NC or 2-3 year old S2000. About 40whp would put the NC right in the power to weight fight, and the Miata's friendlier nature could seal the deal, but stock, it is a little weak.

Oh, yeah, great, informative forum. The JIC thread was one of the best I've ever read.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yes, the new Spec Racing series with this car is looking to get the same power level with intake, header, exhaust, and a reflash. We have the intake already that is going to be the spec intake for the series...the AEM intake and the thread on install of that is here in the forum as well.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
miataman

Post by miataman »

Is there any work on fitment of the Cosworth intake manifold (or another high flow intake manifold) on the NC?

There is also this intake manifold available by CDL Racing, which is much cheaper and it is said to raise the output of a stock Duratec to 183 HP with stock exhaust.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Have not done that work here and I don't expect we will have the time anytime soon....but would enjoy doing so. Who knows what snags this may involve but I look forward to hearing more after somebody does the work.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
sloopercat

Post by sloopercat »

Hard to know from the picture, but the drive by wire system may not work with that manifold.
miataman

Post by miataman »

Thanks Brian!

The stock throttle body bolts directly to both available intake manifolds (the one pictured above and the Cosworth unit).
I one pictured is sold for only GBP 150, so I might buy it when I do the ECU tuning (probably with an eManage) - hopefully soon after I am done with intake/exhaust mods.