WARNING on Eibach Swaybar Kit - Bushing failures?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Ian Enright

WARNING on Eibach Swaybar Kit - Bushing failures?

Post by Ian Enright »

Several of us have ordered the Eibach Swaybar kit... I will be receiving mine within the next few days as will another member in our club. Reports are that the kit combined with the Eibach springs result in an awesome street setup with razor responses that make the NC the car it should be.

However, I just found a thread on the Miataforum regarding bushing failures on the Eibach sways! :shock: Question: Should I install my sways when I get them? Brian: What are your thoughts. I know you warrantly things extremely well (and for life I believe). Please help :? Are there any better bushings???? :?:

The thread of interest is:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=172374
Black GT

Post by Black GT »

I just called the other day... was ready to buy today now i'll wait!! :?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Got the first report of this issue today, been on the phone with the R&D department at Eibach. From the report it sounds like some of the kits were simply built with the incorrect bushing. They are investigating...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Eibach called back. Problem was indeed bushings. New bushings should be out to us next week.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Ian Enright

Post by Ian Enright »

Excellent news! Thanks for the quick turnaround and attention to this matter!

Will you automatically be sending the new bushings out to all your customers that have thus far purchased the Eibach kit?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

YES!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Ian Enright

Post by Ian Enright »

You da man :!:
tcl

Post by tcl »

Brian, the original set of bushings supplied with the kit were 25mm. What size do they plan to replace them with?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The bushing sent out with the kit was actually slightly too small. It did not close properly around the bar and left room for movement. The replacement will be a proper tight fit.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
tcl

Post by tcl »

Brian wrote:The bushing sent out with the kit was actually slightly too small. It did not close properly around the bar and left room for movement. The replacement will be a proper tight fit.
My measurement of the bar is not precise but it looks to me like a 27mm bushing is what is needed. I guess we'll find out when the bushings come in.