sway bar confusion

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ddonoho

sway bar confusion

Post by ddonoho »

I'm moving from E stock to CSP autocross with my 95 M and want a matched sway bar set. From what I can glean from the descriptions in your catalog, the Racing Beat sway bars have an adjustable rear bar and a fixed front. Just the opposite seems to be true of the Jackson Racing set. Is there an advantage to either method or does some other provider have a better idea yet? Is a tubular front automatically better? :?:
dd
Don 95 Miata M
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Most of the hot CSP guys have either stock rear sway or NO REAR sway. The reason is that once we jump into serious CSP spring rates and lower the car by more than 2 inches we usually find we need little or no rear sway.

Tubular is not automatically better. Last I checked, the National CSP champion and four time national winner George Doganis was still running the solid front sway on his car. Many of the top CSP guys have found the tubular is just a little too much front bar.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ddonoho

Post by ddonoho »

Brian,
Thanks for the advice but I'm not going to be hot if it means super stiff springs and lowering 2 inches. I'll be mild with koni sports, ground control street,and lowering by 1 inch. I've read that the lower you go, the less you need the rear sway bar. Would I do better to buy a matched pair of sway bars with my mild setup or just blow off the aftermarket rear bar? Thanks again for your help.
dd
Don 95 Miata M
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Too hard to say at this time. Do the lowering, make your choice of tires and then let's talk about how the resulting balance turns out and we can tune in the final balance with the sway bar choice.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
ddonoho

Post by ddonoho »

That sounds like a plan. I'll call in my order tommorrow, Thursday.
Thanks, dd
Don 95 Miata M