Enkei RPO2 wheels on a 95 NA Miata

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
913kent

Enkei RPO2 wheels on a 95 NA Miata

Post by 913kent »

Brian, please advise me of your recommendations. I am extremely impressed with the five spoke Enkei wheels and earlier SSR Integrals. My 95 Miata is still pretty stock, but with near term plans to upgrade brakes, exhaust add a rollbar and eventually to add a supercharger. Most of my driving is spirited street performance. I have no immediate plans for autocross or track events. Your website has two offerings in the Enkei RPO2-J wheels. One with a 41mm offset the other with a 35mm offset both at a sale price currently. Do you recommend either offset for best fit under the fender? Further do you recommend a 205-50 tire size or the 215-45 tire size to mount to these wheels.

913kent
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The easier fit under the fenders is certainly the 41mm offset. In fact, you can get 225/45/15 R compound tires under the fenders with the 41mm offset and the 215s will fit easily at that offset.

As for 205 or 215. Generally like the 205s for most applications but it really depends on how far you go with those supercharger plans. Certainly if you plan to go 200 and more HP....then the 215 would serve you better.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com