NC: GReddy Racing Ti-C and header...too loud!!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
TOPSECRET

Re: NC: GReddy Racing Ti-C and header...too loud!!

Post by TOPSECRET »

I have the greddy Ti-c also and I purchased and installed a gwr header I still have a stock midpipe. I find it a little loud for everyday driving also. I have put int the silencer and I think on the nc miata the restricted exhaust flow would make it lose power yuo'd have to dyno to confirm. I'm just probably going change the greddy even though I'm very fond of the look. The downside to the greddy is the 60mm pipe diameter which works out to 2 3/8" which isn't a problem if you plan to stay stock midpipe or go with the racing beat but if you go with the gwr it's 2.5 which I think would hamper flow from the ledge that would exist considering it would'nt be a smooth transition from one to another. I'm just going to switch to a goodwin midpipe and a street single power is worth more to me than the look.
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

I really like the look also and the sound was really nice before the header install.it sounds more like a honda now.thinking about the dynoing but that won't be anytime soon.the silencer helps though and some say its mind over matter with the power loss.
TOPSECRET

Post by TOPSECRET »

Well I put the silencer in and I say it reduces power quite a bit. It may add some initial torque but after that it chokes it terribly. I'll never be puting it back in I'll deal with the noise until I can get a goodwin midpipe and street single.
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Not to rain on the parade, but this muffler in the like below is the quietest performance muffler on the market.
Might not be the lightest or have dual tips but it really drops the sound. Magnaflow says it's because of the dual pass. :?

http://shop.enthuzacar.com/product.sc?p ... egoryId=10
TOPSECRET

Post by TOPSECRET »

Very well could be the quietest but the look is not for me.