Wheel ok for Mazdaspeed/Eibach NC?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
tpschar

Wheel ok for Mazdaspeed/Eibach NC?

Post by tpschar »

Will this wheel be ok in either of these sizes for an NC with Mazdaspeed springs?

G-Games Wolf77:

17x7 42mm offset
18.7.5 42mm offset

Thanks!
Tom
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Really depends on the tire. Those MAY be okay for stock width and roughly stock height. But go beyond 205s and stock diameter and that will not work. And even with 205s you may need to roll rear fender lips.

Assuming you want to put down 215s or wider, go for something closer to stock offset (which is 55), like a 48mm or 50mm....and even then we roll the lips to get more serious rubber under the rears like 225s, 235s and 245s.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
tpschar

Post by tpschar »

So even with the stock 205's the 17x7 may have issues? I noticed that you sell the Enkei RP-F1 16x7, 43mm offset. Am I wrong in assuming they would be similar?

Oh, and have you noticed any handling issues at these lower offsets?

Tom
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Street tires that are 205s should be fine at 42mm....race tires may not.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
welding rod

Post by welding rod »

tpschar wrote: Oh, and have you noticed any handling issues at these lower offsets?

Tom
I would like feedback on that question too.

Do you know if the 43mm offset brings the tire closer to or farther from zero scrub? Or what the scrub radius is on the NC?

Does the 1/2" change in offset show up in degraded steering feel on the NC? I know in my Focus that same change from OEM offest does noticeably degrade handling.