Is MazdaSpeed in the 04-05 NB really MazdaSpeed?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
FloridaWriter

Is MazdaSpeed in the 04-05 NB really MazdaSpeed?

Post by FloridaWriter »

Sorry if this is a dumb question. having owned a series of BMWs and not yet knowing much about Miatas--but wanting to--my impression of the MazdaSpeed turbo Miatas is like BMW Motorsport's M badge.

However a local Orlando dealer is saying the Speed modifications in the 05 NB are more show and not go mods--he is arguing against my considering an 05 NB speed version in favor of the NC. is this salesman correct?

Thanks in advance,

David

Maitland, Florida
toddwcarpenter

Post by toddwcarpenter »

The Mazdaspeed is turbocharged, has stiffer/lower suspension, a stronger clutch, grippier tires, and lots of parts that may or may not be stonger (rods, pistons, tranny). It is definatly as much GO as Show compared to a regular NB.

I'd still take the NC though.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Ditto what Todd said...
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
FloridaWriter

Post by FloridaWriter »

So you anticipate there being engine mods available for the NC like there are for the older models? For example, some combination of mods that would raise the torgue up to the level of the NB turbo?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Certainly. The mods are already starting to hit the market. We had our NC on the dyno today with exhaust and instake mods....more on that later. Turbo kit in the works. Have already seen an installed supercharger kit. Lots of goodies in development which should start hitting the market this Summer.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
toddwcarpenter

Post by toddwcarpenter »

Brian wrote: We had our NC on the dyno today with exhaust and instake mods....more on that later.
Tease!