How much have you spent?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
AZ Sun Lover

Re: How much have you spent?

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Chris,
How about painting the car Blue, Red, Orange & Gold and see if you can get some sponsorship as a promo car. Tell them it Fly's! :wink:

AZ
Last edited by AZ Sun Lover on Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

Brian wrote:Happy Wife....Happy Life!
That's exactly why I had to miss BMW "fun day" autocross at the Q yesterday. Veronica wanted "her" side of the 3-car garage back. I had my MX5 on one side, my Miata in the middle and my tools on the other side. Her outrageous demands ruined a perfectly good opportunity to wear out some expensive tires.

Today I upgraded my AutoEnginuity scantool software to the latest version and added the enhanced Mazda package. As soon as I hit send on the PayPal screen my wife was alerted to the charges. She asked me what I bought within 10 minutes of the purchase. There's no escape with today's banking technology, emails and text messages.
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105
roadster_nh

Post by roadster_nh »

Chris Thompson wrote: ...I upgraded my AutoEnginuity scantool software to the latest version and added the enhanced Mazda package.
...and I'm sure she said "oh cool!" once you answered with the above.
2003 LS FFS
Curves

Post by Curves »

Hey Chris now that you have the $15K number. Can you divide that by the number of track minutes and tell us the cost per minute :)
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

Oh hell no...
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
morrisg

Post by morrisg »

Gee, I'm usually much happier when my autox times are lower, which means we should all be happier when the cost per minute goes higher!
rpmchris

Post by rpmchris »

Listen, I've made that mistake before. I calculated the cost-per-run for my Hoosiers, and was saddened beyond belief (it's $30 BTW). My calculator has now become my enemy. :shock:
'06 MX-5 Sport 6-speed
Autocross junkie!
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

So call it roughly $30 a MINUTE? For that you could hire a lawyer. Hell, for that you could hire a lawyer to let you flog him, which would be a lot more satisfying than driving around some silly cones! :mrgreen:
NobleK

Post by NobleK »

jboemler wrote:So call it roughly $30 a MINUTE? For that you could hire a lawyer. Hell, for that you could hire a lawyer to let you flog him, which would be a lot more satisfying than driving around some silly cones! :mrgreen:
No. Flogging attorneys is much more than $ 30 a minute. If you allow him to flog you then maybe. The recession has raised the price of attorneys and investment executives.

Spoken as an attorney
jboemler

Post by jboemler »

Good vocabulary -- I notice you said the price went up, not the value. :wink: