How much have you spent?

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ourly

Re: How much have you spent?

Post by ourly »

roadster_nh wrote:You can hide the expenses, but not the UPS truck.
that is so freakin funny. you should have seen me sweating it out on my driveway late in the afternoon knowing 3 big boxes were coming with my Old Man Emu lift kit inside. The fed ex "giant" box truck turns out of my cross street just as my boss/wife crests the hill.
she walks in the garage and doesn't see S . she is on to me after the fact, jeep is two inches higher, the car grew a roll bar and is lots louder etc., we do the dance, keep the peace, buy lots of jewelry.

my approx spends:
goodwin exhaust 1200
roll bar used 400
sways from GA 200
springs from BG 250?
konis from rack 550
moto east tune and dyno 600 or so
17" oems from WHY! 400
rear spoiler from BG 400 or so, location unknown lol

so 4K give or take. hell i only paid 17.5 brand new for the car, i'm close to having more in my son's ten year old TJ.
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

I haven't spent much on my new MX5 yet, but I've got a whole upgrade plan set up for the next couple of years. I'm sure I won't be one of Brian's biggest customers, but I'll have plenty of GWR stuff on the car. 8)

Back about 10 years ago when I was single and working two jobs, I had a 97 Neon ACR coupe that I was turning into a track car. I cringe when I think about how much money I put into that little beast, and ended up never finishing. It was at least twice the original price of the car in mods. :shock: It had a custom-built race motor with huge cams, ported heads, a custom ITB intake setup, and stand-alone engine management. Then the interior was all stripped out with a nice cage, Kirkey racing seats, Sparco steering wheel, custom instrument panel with VDO gauges, etc. It also had coilovers and upgraded swaybars.

Unfortunately, the it took the engine builder almost two years to complete the motor that was supposed to take 3 months, the cage fabricator took 9 months to do a one month job, and then I couldn't get the tuner to squeeze me in between their high-paying customers. By the time I could have gotten it all sorted out, I wasn't working the second job any more, and didn't have the money to finish it up and race it. :cry: So it sat for a couple of years, and I ended up selling it for pennies on the dollar. But at least it was a good hobby that kept me out of trouble for a few years.

I think I only paid about $11,000 for the car new in 1997, and the motor alone ended up costing me close to $12,000 plus at least another $10,000 between the custom roll cage and all the other stuff on there. I did learn one valuable lesson, though -- if you really want a race car, buy a used one that someone else has already lost their shirt on instead of trying to build your own! :mrgreen:
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
twowheeled

Post by twowheeled »

I don't want to count, but somewhere around 10-15k :(
JimT039

Post by JimT039 »

Hey I bought a suggested 15" wheels recommended by Brian....enkei......super light wheel....nine pounders....very light...

what I need help with is where can I get a center caps for the wheels....any ideas....????

JT
Cotomeus

Post by Cotomeus »

Well,

Here I am from Singapore reading this interesting thread. Sadly there is no autocross competition in Singapore, though we just had our first Gymkhana national this year and hopefully for more years to come.

That being said, I think I have spent about USD 40k on my car, 08 PRHT 6-speed manual...culprits being

Rims, Ohlins coil-overs, Carbonetic carbon clutch/flywheel, Okada ignition coil, PPE LTH and mid pipe, Greddy muffler, AEM header, Body kit from Nopro Japan, ECUtek reflash and all the tires that I have burnt in the "not so legal" gymkhana we have in small Singapore.
finiata

Post by finiata »

HAHAHAHHAHHA, that is a good question, hmmmmmm how much have I spent????? Actually its less than I once thought, think I need to stimulate the economy some more. Brian you have mail, lol.
Chris Thompson

Post by Chris Thompson »

Just added another $800 to my total spent on my 2008. Moto-East EcuTek pro with N/A tune and a K&N filter. I think I'm maxed out on STR allowed modifications now. Time to spend more on my old 99 sport....SUPERCHARGE IT!
'99 Base Sport with bolt-on hardtop and '08 PRHT GT. I love them both. SCCA, PCA, BMW San Diego region #105