IL or Beatrush

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: IL or Beatrush

Post by Brian »

Since one brace is a copy of the other the fit is tight with all larger diameter midpipes. Fortunately, easy to add a washer or two at the connection points to create a bit of space if needed.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
dmicah

Post by dmicah »

Just did it today. By keeping the midpipe short, I was able to avoid clearance problems. I've got about a centimeter of clearance, so I may have to keep an eye on it. The midpipe is gorgeous.
dmicah

Post by dmicah »

I just installed the IL Motorsports Front Powertrain Brace and I'm finding significant interference (rattling, etc.) with the GWR mid pipe
ImageImage

Have others experienced this? Is the remedy simply a bunch of washers? Or did I somehow install it wrong (upside down?). When I installed the mid pipe I made it as short as I could in order to clear the rear butterfly brace and have had no problems with interference in the back.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The slip joint in the middle of the midpipe is your friend, use it to adjust how and where it hangs. That brace was designed with stock smaller diameter midpipe in mind but we have got both items on the same cars here. As needed you can hose clamp rubber hanger to help midpipe sit higher. And, you can indeed use just a few washers to lower the brace slightly.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com