Swift PERFORMANCE Springs....for NC!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
njaremka

Re: Swift PERFORMANCE Springs....for NC!

Post by njaremka »

xsnipersgox wrote:Do a 15 mph salolom in a parking lot. Does anything scrub?
i'll try it, but i've taken some intersections pretty hot and haven't had any scrubbing. the car will slide out on me before it scrubs, or rubs, or whatever.
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

It has been over a month without any information on this. How is Swift coming along? Is their a projected sales date yet?
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Normal....I think the Progress springs developed on my wife's car took about a year from start of project until product was complete and ready to ship....and that was REALLY FAST. So, expect that months may pass between updates....but they are working on it.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

How sad, but at least I will have the money by then.
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

don't give up hope, the wait will be worth it!

i still have the first prototype set on my car, and i am getting used to them more every day. rear springs are likely to stay as is, and a new set of front springs are currently being manufactured. seems the front dropped a little lower than desired by the design crew. sounds like end of September before i see those new springs in my hands. then, i assume, another 2-3 weeks of driving on them before a decision is made concerning the new ride height. after that, if all is good, production tooling and kick-off can take place. my wild-@$$-guess is that they will be ready for general consumption early 2014.
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

I hope they don't set them too high. I liked how they looked in your picture.
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

njaremka wrote:don't give up hope, the wait will be worth it!

i still have the first prototype set on my car, and i am getting used to them more every day. rear springs are likely to stay as is, and a new set of front springs are currently being manufactured. seems the front dropped a little lower than desired by the design crew. sounds like end of September before i see those new springs in my hands. then, i assume, another 2-3 weeks of driving on them before a decision is made concerning the new ride height. after that, if all is good, production tooling and kick-off can take place. my wild-@$$-guess is that they will be ready for general consumption early 2014.
Can you re-post your current height measurements with the prototype springs? I know you mentioned 13" in front and a 3/4 inch drop in back, but what was your final rear height measurement?

I'm assuming that Swift is going to re-spin the front ones because Brian wants them a little higher in front -- maybe 13.5, so that they'll sit right around 13.0 with Konis. These are sounding better and better if I can hold out until next spring when they'll probably be available!
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers
njaremka

Post by njaremka »

the goal was 13" in the front with the stock OEM bilsteins - we hit 12.6" on the drivers side, so Brian wanted them wound a little higher. passenger side landed just about right at 13". the new springs may or may not change the passenger side.

the rear target was 13.5", and i ended between 13.3" and 13.7" - so, close enough to not change the rear springs.

if you want slightly lower, plan on adding the koni's. my plan is to add the aftermarket bilstein sport dampers. i like the lower ride height, but i don't want to be too low.
monty11ez

Post by monty11ez »

13" will be a nice upgrade from the stock 15" ride height. I plan on pairing mine with Bilstein Sport shocks so I can upgrade to Fat Cat Coilovers when I get more money.
Chuck H

Post by Chuck H »

njaremka wrote:the goal was 13" in the front with the stock OEM bilsteins - we hit 12.6" on the drivers side, so Brian wanted them wound a little higher. passenger side landed just about right at 13". the new springs may or may not change the passenger side.

the rear target was 13.5", and i ended between 13.3" and 13.7" - so, close enough to not change the rear springs.

if you want slightly lower, plan on adding the koni's. my plan is to add the aftermarket bilstein sport dampers. i like the lower ride height, but i don't want to be too low.
Interesting!

Can you tell if you're sitting on your bump stops all the time with the ride height that low? I assume that at 13" you'd be pretty close, and at 12.6" you'd definitely be on the bump stops in front. Just wondering whether these springs will require trimming the bumpstops or switching to shorter FCM ones.
2019 Arctic White RF GT-S
SmartTop, coilovers