NC Oil Cooler Kit

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
timw

NC Oil Cooler Kit

Post by timw »

Does the NC oil cooler kit (http://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-Pe ... -0260.html) have any provision for an oil pressure tap or can it be made to have a port for a line to a oil pressure sensor? Any other advice where to fit a real oil pressure sensor (and temp, for that matter) on an NC to interface to a DA system?

TIA.

Tim
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC Oil Cooler Kit

Post by Brian »

Since that is a stock Mazda factory item it does not have any provision for sensors, etc.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
timw

Post by timw »

Is anyone making a ally block with ports to replace the OEM block? Would prefer not to sandwich the sandwich cooler. Are there any other available solutions?
v67gsr

Post by v67gsr »

That's what I have.
Attachments
IMG_20130706_155239.jpg
IMG_20130706_155239.jpg (152 KiB) Viewed 10415 times
JeremyJ069

Post by JeremyJ069 »

v67gsr wrote:That's what I have.
that is awesome. not only does it add space for an oil cooler, and ports for gauges, but it also relocates the filter so oil does not spew onto the cross member below it.

love it.
vetracr

Post by vetracr »

You can replace the oil pressure switch with a vdo switch and pressure sender combined larry
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

v67gsr wrote:That's what I have.

Ok,
Looks sweet! I'm a bit confused by the photo. I can tell it's out of the car and the trans is to the right. I guess a photo of it installed might help. :oops: I don't care so much about the cooler as I don't race the car but would love to relocate the oil filter and add a real oil pressure gauge. I have to cut up cardboard to make a funnel each time I change the oil on my or my wife's car.

Parts info / supply would be nice to know. Is the filter mount for a ford? (my guess)

Thanks,
AZ
Dubcity

Post by Dubcity »

For you guys that installed the OEM NC oil cooler kit,is there a noticeable drop in oil temperature?