RACE ND Reveal at SEMA

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
skeeler

Re: RACE ND Reveal at SEMA

Post by skeeler »

Brian wrote:
Va MX5 wrote:It sounds like they are going to be offering fully race ready cars directly from Mazda, is that correct?
I expect it will be as it has always been with Spec Miata..... you can buy the Spec Package bits from Mazda MotorSports....and then YOU do your own install.
Mazda has said that they are doing things differently with the new series, and that the only way to ensure all the cars are equal is for them to be provided by a single supplier. It sounds to me like Mazda or some deputized race house will be building all the cars.
2009, STR & DD. 1995, HPDE. 2004 MSM, sold. 2010 Mazda3, hers.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I am happy to say You are correct, listening to my own video again John Doonan explains essentially that Factory turn-key is indeed the best way to do it, and the ONLY way to prevent 'creative engineering' that has been such a problem for Spec Miata (and was the subject of an email regarding current Spec Miata that they sent us all today). So it sounds like that will mean we can order the race car... with everything sealed including the motor. That also explains a comment he said to me after about the customer street cars being available many months before the race cars.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
AZ Sun Lover

Post by AZ Sun Lover »

Brian wrote:
AZ Sun Lover wrote:Hmm, 2.0L motor and the wheels look bigger then 17x7 wheels or what came on the promo car.

AZ
Tire looked to be just 205mm wide, so likely just 17x7 but car is lower and that makes it look better, more aggressive, and perhaps the offset more aggressive too.
Thanks for the reply Brian.

Looks like there will be a few NC race cars for sale here shortly if Mazda going to be selling turn key race cars.

AZ
MalcolmD637

Post by MalcolmD637 »

No hardtop required based on what is shown.
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

No hard top allowed, just like the current MX-5 Cup.
MalcolmD637

Post by MalcolmD637 »

skeeler wrote:No hard top allowed, just like the current MX-5 Cup.
I assume that would provide some extra rigidity to a normally open roadster which would be a no-no.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

One of the top Mazda brass at the SEMA reveal said it was in part about marketing.....pushing the point that this is a ROADSTER.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Traum

Post by Traum »

The roll cage already adds far more rigidity than an RHT alone could ever add.
What God has united, let men not divide.
daryledb

Post by daryledb »

When can we expect to see that sweet little twin turbo diesel in the ND? I was not much of a fan of diesel power but after seeing the engine on a stand at MRLS ND Reveal I am impressed and given the results of the Mazda 6 diesel road car who can argue with the success?
Last edited by daryledb on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skeeler

Post by skeeler »

MalcolmD637 wrote: I assume that would provide some extra rigidity to a normally open roadster which would be a no-no.
Traum wrote:The roll cage already adds far more rigidity than an RHT alone could ever add.
Correct. The hard top is used in Spec MX-5 and in the Continental Sports Car Challenge because it reduces drag. As Brian mentioned, Mazda sets the specs for the MX-5 Cup, and they want to market the car as a roadster. They have said as much. I must say, though, that the MX-5 Cup cars don't really look like roadsters with the cage in place.