PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: PROJECT FIAT 124, Testing, Measurements, Dyno, etc

Post by Brian »

This is what connects the catalytic converter on the Fiat 124 to the Midpipe and it is critical for turbo spool and flow. Picture here compares stock crunch bent crosspipe with small outlet in the background to our full 2.5 inch all the way, including big 2.5 inch outlet RoadsterSport Crosspipe in the foreground. That BIG outlet means you must use this with our bigger diameter midpipes.
Attachments
FiatCrosspipeCloseup.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Drove our Fiat 124 to 'work' and back today, such a fun machine. Need to get back to the track soon!
Attachments
HyperFiatTodayB.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Picture to better point out the Helmholtz chamber side branch tuned resonator on our SystemOne.
Attachments
SystemOneHelmholtzRed.jpg
SystemOneHelmholtzRed.jpg (79.77 KiB) Viewed 13311 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Something NEW for Summer! Upgraded THICK Fiat 124 radiator. Don't yet know date for inventory or pricing, this is the prototype and it is 1 of 1 for now, going into our Fiat 124 for hot weather testing. Hopefully get a lot more resistance to heat. With stock radiator we get only get TWO laps this time of year before the car gets slower and slower because the computer pulls power way down as car heat soaks.

Installed with no fit issues. One thing we noticed is that you need to bleed the system, screw on a pressure pump as shown here, clamp the line as shown here, pump until you get the air from the top of the system. Otherwise you will notice heater doesn't work and cooling system is not at full efficiency.
Attachments
RadFiat.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Cover of the Family Feud article in Grassroots, available on this site under our media tab.
Attachments
CoverFamilyFeuds.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Time for our Fiat 124 to go racing again! First, let's see how much work it takes to get 17x10 wheels on it! We sell this 17x10 in 5x114 at 43mm offset for NC Generation Miata and it has proven a winner in that application, had the factory drill us a set at 4x100 and now it is time to see what it takes to make the fitment. Our fender lips were rolled and pulled long ago for Hoosiers, going to try new XS-B SCCA class with Yokohama AO52 in 245/40 on these 17x10.
Attachments
Bronze17x10.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The Fiat went first time in SCCA XSB today. The Fiat was awesome on 17x10! The driver (me) was a little rusty, I knew the last of four competition runs would be critical and I was in FIRST place after third runs by just a tenth of a second...and sadly made a significant mistake on the last run. A practice day on the new 17x10 setup could have made the difference, did some faster and faster X runs after the competition runs and still didn't get everything out of the new setup. In my competition runs I was making too many line corrections that I don't normally need...simply because the 17x10 has such better turn-in response.

So in brief: WOW the 17x10 has a turn-in crispness that we never dreamed of with the same 245/40 tire we previously used on 17x9!!! I knew the 17x10 would help us cut into apex a little quicker but it was so much faster for turn-in that it caught me by surprise repeatedly and I had to open my line and make corrections that cost time. Overall SUPER HAPPY with how the 17x10 combo works, the Fiat 124 was so much better than on 17x9 with same size tire, there is certainly some potential for this car in XSB.

Note my finger points to spot that rubbed before we added 3mmm spacer to the rear, which required more roll and pull for rear than we previously had done on this car. I also hammered back that metal a bit and hit it with black spray paint so we could see if it rubbed again when we pulled wheels after event. After event no more rub evidence there. At even no issues with rub ...but my fenders are well rolled and a little pulled.
Rub.jpg
PS...easily beat both those Corvettes you see here.
Rub.jpg
Attachments
Fiat10B.jpg
Fiat10C.jpg
Fiat10.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The Fiat went first time in SCCA XSB today. The Fiat was awesome, the driver (me) was a little rusty, I knew the last run would be critical and I was in FIRST place after third runs but made a significant mistake on the last run. A practice day on the new 17x10 setup could have made the difference, did some faster and faster X runs after the competition runs. In my competition runs I was making too many line corrections that I don't normally need...simply because the 17x10 has such better turn-in response.

Seriously....WOW the 17x10 has a turn-in crispness that we never dreamed of with the same 245/40 tire we previously used on 17x9. I knew the 17x10 would help us cut into apex a little quicker but it was so much quick for turn-in that it caught me by surprise a few times and I had to open my line and make corrections that cost time. Overall SUPER HAPPY with how the 17x10 combo works, car was so much better than on 17x9, there is certainly some potential for this car in XSB. Will upload video later today.

PS...easily beat both those Corvettes you see here.
Fiatxsb.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Picture from last event in the Fast Fiata....now on 17x10.
Attachments
FastFiata.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

New Delivery of OHLINS are here today!

Same as used in our fast projects. Ohlins are standard in many exotics, and even the standard for the new Nascar Cup Series Cars. Discover the Ohlins DFV advantage!
Attachments
DeliveryOhlins.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com