Konig Dekagram - New Flow Formed Wheel!

Show off your lightweight high-performance wheels and see here what they look like on your Mazda before you buy.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Konig Dekagram - New Flow Formed Wheel!

Post by Brian »

[quote="Ryan @ GWR"]Konig Dekagram 15x10 Bronze
Pictures Courtesy Customer Riley Huwiler

One more..
Attachments
BronzeFreeformTurboNA.jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Konig Dekagram 17x8 4X100 ET45 Bronze
Picture Courtesy Customer Shuai Wang
Attachments
DekaBronzeND.jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Freescopesdad

Re: Konig Dekagram 16x8 and 225/45/16 ZIII

Post by Freescopesdad »

I am thinking of going this route but I haven't been able to determine what fitment issues I might have, especially from someone (anyone) with the same fitment. I sent GWR an email and also posted on the Miata forum with no result.

My ND is lowered to about 13.25 inches, FM alignment (1.8 camber F/R and 8.0 caster)... I'll use this new tire/wheel setup just for street and canyons, I have other wheels/tires for track.

I've seen responses that vary. You WILL have to roll your fenders, you WILL need to switch to 16x9 +45 wheels, you WILL have to have at least 2.0 degrees of camber, you WILL have to dial back your caster to 6.5 degrees or less... or you won't have any issues whatsoever because my 205/50/16s fit just fine on those wheels.

So is anyone running the Dekagram 16s and 225/45 tires?
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Konig Dekagram 16x8 and 225/45/16 ZIII

Post by Brian »

Freescopesdad wrote:I am thinking of going this route but I haven't been able to determine what fitment issues I might have, especially from someone (anyone) with the same fitment. I sent GWR an email and also posted on the Miata forum with no result.

My ND is lowered to about 13.25 inches, FM alignment (1.8 camber F/R and 8.0 caster)... I'll use this new tire/wheel setup just for street and canyons, I have other wheels/tires for track.

I've seen responses that vary. You WILL have to roll your fenders, you WILL need to switch to 16x9 +45 wheels, you WILL have to have at least 2.0 degrees of camber, you WILL have to dial back your caster to 6.5 degrees or less... or you won't have any issues whatsoever because my 205/50/16s fit just fine on those wheels.

So is anyone running the Dekagram 16s and 225/45 tires?
Almost nobody running that size means almost nobody exists to answer, and too many variables including brand/model of tire, camber, rolled lips or not, etc. You sent us email and we did reply. Here is a cut and paste of my email back to you from Sept 9:

'We haven't tried the 225/45/16 size ourselves. On paper, that's 1" shorter in diameter than the 225/50/16, so it improves the situation, but most of the issue is width-related; a 225 on a 8" wide with +35 offset just gets real close to the fenders when the suspension compresses. Where do you stand on fender rolling? Already done it? Willing to? Against it? 205/50/15 on a 16x8 is an easy fit without the need for any fender roll, we've run that with no issues on our own cars.'

Bottom line remains the same today, you might need to roll some fender lip for that fitment, there is no more definitive answer available, it's too close to call without trying it and doing adjustment on fender lip as needed, and/or heights and camber as needed. I daily drive 225/50/16 on the 16x8 Dekagram, but with a lot more negative camber than you have listed here, and rolled fender lips.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

Thanks, forgot about that reply. I guess I'll just stay with 17's, unless there are some other wheel options out there with higher offsets. EDIT... or go with 205/50/16 which seems to be the standard fitment used by many...
Last edited by Freescopesdad on Fri Jan 17, 2020 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

My Fiat 124 with daily driver 16x8 Dekagram and 225/50 Continental ECS combo:
Attachments
FiatSpoiler.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

16x8 Konig Dekagram +35 with 225/45r16 Toyo R1R

Swift springs on stock Bilstein with -2 camber all around and 7.2 castor.
Attachments
FiatDekagram16.jpeg
FiatDekagram16s.jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Konig Dekagram 15x9 4X100 ET35 Gloss Bronze
Picture Courtesy Customer Jay Bishop
Attachments
DekaBronzeS (2).jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

I never liked the picture we had for 16x8 Dekagram on this car so trying again. The RF pics are really sensitive to angle, got to be looking at it from just the right angles for all the curves to be seen and work. I am happier with this shot. This is with Continental Extreme Contact Sport 225/50/16.
Attachments
Deka16RFConti.jpg
Deka16RF.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Konig Dekagram 15x7.5 4X100 Matte Black
Picture Courtesy Customer Mohammad Abdo
Attachments
image1(7).jpeg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com