ND Edelbrock Supercharger tune.

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
ChanceS905

ND Edelbrock Supercharger tune.

Post by ChanceS905 »

My 2016 Supercharged ND plagued by the dreaded lag and surging issues that come with the CARB tune. The car seems very temperamental weather depending as well. I've given up on Edelbrock. They are hard to reach by phone, rarely reply, and in general have never offered me solutions to any of my problems (*Cough* ...fried Cat). Not very hopeful for tune V4 Brian has been the biggest help by far. Considering a dyno tune as I have full exhaust, intake, and plugs upgraded as well as a water/methanol injection system going in this upcoming weekend. Problem is, I'm having problems finding someone I trust w/ my car and $. Has anyone had any luck with canned tunes? I hear Fab9 has solved the lag/surge issue but still have not published a dyno sheet. More power is always good. Any advice would be appreciated.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: ND Edelbrock Supercharger tune.

Post by Brian »

Got the FAB9 tune in wife's RF. It does feel down on power, they tell me full timing request not happening and they are working with Ecutek on that issue. But smoothness is way up, my wife likes and approves it, she doesn't really notice that full throttle performance is slightly weaker currently.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

by slightly, you mean :?:
Ron Petrich
http://www.sacramentoareamiata.org
2016 ND GT 6MT|ZII/NT01|Ohlins|Progress|OFT|HDDDM4
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Update, they found the cam timing was bleeding boost, update soon.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

Brian wrote:Update, they found the cam timing was bleeding boost, update soon.
Yes I saw that on the Miata Forum thread. But still no posted dyno charts... :|
Ron Petrich
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

And my wife still doesn't care. For my wife, and many others, the fact the FAB9 tune is nearest to OEM smoothness they have tried is all that matters. Whether it is down 10 or 15hp at peak is irrelevant to many users, car is still plenty fast compared to stock. Nonetheless, I understand Fab9 just got a dyno so I expect they will get the top end reasonably dialed too.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
LAMike

Post by LAMike »

Does anyone have a good experience with the Edelbrock s/c for the ND CARB version?
By that I mean it lives up to its claims or do we have to put up with lower power and/or other performance issues?
Thanks
Freescopesdad

Post by Freescopesdad »

Looks like FAB9 finally posted a dyno chart on the Forum, but it seemed less than stellar. 202 peak HP and 166 TQ? I'm not sure how a Mustang dyno compares to others. Are these good results?
Ron Petrich
KurtH460

Post by KurtH460 »

My experience is that Mustang dynos have mostly lower results compared to Dynojet dynos...seems fairly common!

Having said that, I think I'd be fairly happy with ~200hp/~170tq on a Mustang dyno (especially if those are Rear Wheel numbers, which I would think they'd be using coming from a dyno run/tune!)

I haven't seen that dyno posting, but that's probably ~235hp/~200tq engine numbers...sounds good to me!!

My hold back right now is...ECU programming!! If the programming is "factory reliable and smooth", then I'm in!! If not yet, then I'll wait until that gets worked out.
Kurt
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yep, Mustang is the 'heart breaker', tends to be most conservative so all that really matters is BEFORE/AFTER on same dyno from stock to boosted. Last 'stock' ND on Mustang dyno I recall was just about 130 HP stock, we are all accustomed to higher starting numbers.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com