Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
427danderson

Re: Budget Street/Autocross/Track 2.5 NC Project!

Post by 427danderson »

Very curious how this twin disk setup works out...
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Ryan @ GWR wrote:Cool stuff just arriving!

Our now-turbocharged "Budget NC" had a clutch failure at Circuit of the Americas which then destroyed our 6 speed, so we finished the event on a backup junkyard 5 speed with the boost turned down.

That 6 speed has just come back from a rebuild at Walter Motorsports, and with perfect timing OS Giken has sent us this hot new Twin Plate Clutch and flywheel assembly for the NC 6 speed to try out.
OSG_NC_Twin_1.jpg
OSG_NC_Twin_2.jpg
First test driving of new twin disc today, and it's awesome!

I was dreading the first drive, we wanted the reliability on track days of a clutch like this which can handle easily any boost we dial the turbo up to, but I was not looking forward to the typical twin disc rattle. Fortunately, zero issues.

Pedal pressure is better than our typical ACT, pedal travel is better too (very much similar to stock release feel and just slightly more firm). No issues on first drive, color me impressed. My prior experience with typical twin disc was a lot of rattle potential, with this unit I hear a very soft constant metallic ring sound at a stop light with the clutch fully depressed but otherwise nothing and if the radio is on even a little then I can't hear it at the stoplight. Smooth action, good feel, happy first day! Hopefully a track day soon after we get the new built trans some break in miles.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
427danderson

Post by 427danderson »

Great to hear... waiting on Walter motorsports to confirm the ship to address for my core but I will be evaluating my ACT clutch after one race season of boost in the next week or so... I don't expect to need a replacement just yet but I assume this fancy twin disk option is a season or two away... excited to hear more!
ls1torq

Post by ls1torq »

Hi guys,

Any updates on the new twin disc clutch? Track days?

Also, is there an oil cooler kit in the works?

I need both of these items!

Thanks!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Twin disc is working great, on the site and customers have them installed.

Oil cooler still in development, no ETA on when that will finish, it is one of those things that is done when done and not done until it is done.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

New batch of our CSF radiators for those building NC power!
Attachments
CSF.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

More pics of STOCK NC wheels on our new Budget NC Big Brake Kit.
Attachments
StockWheelsBBKNC.jpg
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
427danderson

Post by 427danderson »

Those looks familiar^^ Sorry I did not post them up here in the first place. Thanks for the awesome parts!
Cannot wait to see what these brakes look like behind the fancy wheels I bought from you guys!
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

Yet another batch of triple pass radiators have arrived!
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Ryan @ GWR

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Cipher Auto's updated NC steering wheel is finally done! First batch is en route to us now and should be here in 1-2 weeks.

We had the prototype for this updated model sent to us for testing months ago, and we can finally share those pictures. Here it is with red stitching and red center stripe, installed in our turbo NC:
Cipher_NC Prototype_TurboNC_1_1200px.jpg
Cipher_NC Prototype_TurboNC_3_1200px.jpg
We also just received the first photos of the new carbon fiber options.

The REAL carbon fiber steering wheel below has a matte finish on the carbon, red stitching on the leather, and no center stripe:
Cipher_NC RealCF.JPG
There is also a Hydro-Dipped carbon fiber look with a gloss finish, red stitching on the leather, and a red center stripe. This version is not real carbon fiber; hydro dipping is essentially a printed "look" done on a smooth surface, but with the gloss over the top of it it looks quite similar to real carbon fiber, and comes in at the same price as the other all-leather models:
Cipher_NC HydroDippedCF.JPG