NC PRHT clicking noises

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
MarkH636

NC PRHT clicking noises

Post by MarkH636 »

I recently picked up a clean and decent 2010 NC PRHT. I noticed the hardtop cover clicking on the passenger side getting louder over the first weeks after taking ownership of the car. The clicking increased to the point of it causing the top to error and stop requiring a shut down and restart of the car to get the top to close, it will not start the process of the hardtop retracting as the cover fails to engage all of the way.

Took the car to my local Mazda dealer and they recommended replacing the hard top at a price of nearly 5k. Ouch!

As the top will go the point of raising the cover and closing the cover I suspect it may need adjustment.

I am located in the SF Bay Area does anyone have any ideas or experience with this type of problem and who in Nor Cal might be able to service rather than replace?

Thanks,

Mark
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC PRHT clicking noises

Post by Brian »

Perhaps talk with SBGarage 1350 San Mateo Ave South San Francisco, CA 94080 888-601-0399
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
BrianJ856

Re: NC PRHT clicking noises

Post by BrianJ856 »

Sounds like maybe your “silver screw” is coming loose? Check out this thread over at the miata.net forum for some nice PRHT info:

https://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=747602
2007 Galaxy Grey Grand Touring PRHT 6MT