NC very low at front with Koni Sports / Progress Springs

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
NeilC259

NC very low at front with Koni Sports / Progress Springs

Post by NeilC259 »

I have fitted Koni Yellow Sports and Progress springs to my 2012 PRHT. The rear is sitting nicely at 13.25” both sides. However the front ride height is very low, measuring 12.75” passenger side and 12 and ⅝” on the driver side. I’m curious as to how I ended up with it so low at the front as I seem to be riding a lot lower than others who have fitted this suspension combo based on what I’ve read in the reviews on the Goodwin website.

The springs I ordered were the ones that say ‘THE RIGHT HEIGHTS FOR 2009+ MIATA’ so I’m sure I fitted the correct parts. I installed brand new OEM upper bushing when I did the swap so it’s not that I was reusing old compressed rubber bushings if they might have caused it to sit a bit lower.

I don’t recall the exact ride height prior to doing the swap, but it was around 14.5” on all corners with a slightly lower number on the driver front which is replicated with the swap. It’s the overall drop at the front that is of concern. Is there any possible reason for it to be sitting so much lower than expected at the front?
Ryan @ GWR

Re: NC very low at front with Koni Sports / Progress Springs

Post by Ryan @ GWR »

Please email us some pics of the car as it is sitting and we'll be happy to work through things with you and see if we can sort it out: sales@good-win-racing.com
NeilC259

Re: NC very low at front with Koni Sports / Progress Springs

Post by NeilC259 »

Thanks Ryan. Email sent.