NC interior cooling

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
matthew-m

NC interior cooling

Post by matthew-m »

I've got some weird questions. I notice the a/c is turning on, as if I selected the defrost options, when I select the other two floor vent options in my 2010 grand touring. It doesn't happen on the all vent setting.

Also, the last time I was in stop and go traffic during 100 degree weather, the a/c was struggling to get to 80 degrees on the max setting. Later I noticed that hot air was coming out the vents in traffic, however the outside temperature was only 70. As long as the car is moving, I don't notice anything. Once I stop for a minute, the vents will blow hot air and I'll need to use the a/c to bring the temp back down to ambient, usually less than 70.

I don't remember these issues in my previous 2007. Any idea where I can start diagnosing these?
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob
matthew-m

Re: NC interior cooling

Post by matthew-m »

The shop did an OBD2 scan and they said the code indicates the sun sensor on the dash was defective. Does that sound like a solution to the problems mentioned?
Matthew Metoyer
2010 Grey MX-5 GT, Manual, Sport Package, Street Single w/Baffle, FCM Coilovers - "GT" setup with KBO & Ripple Reducer, 16x8 wheels, Budget Big Brakes, Goodwin Underbody Braces, Cravenspeed Shift Knob