NC KONI RACE COILOVERS!

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
Brian
Site Admin

Re: NC KONI RACE COILOVERS!

Post by Brian »

I am 'shocked', pun intended, at how many NC customers don't understand that the factory shocks are done once beyond roughly 40,000 miles. Beyond that mileage the shocks lack the ability to damp the car motions properly and customers slowly beat the bumpstops into submission. Yet every day we have somebody reach out about new shocks and tell us they got 70,000 or 80,000 or 120,000 miles on original shocks and 'feels fine' to them. This is typical of what we find when they finally change the shocks, the bumpstops beat down to less than half original size, and often gone entirely.
Attachments
bumpstops cracked.jpeg
bumpstops cracked.jpeg (74.71 KiB) Viewed 424 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

NEW SPRINGS!

Front: 9k Race on left (10.5” long), 7k street on right (11” long)

If you look close you can see wire is just a bit thicker for the higher rate. Test set of 9kg front shown here that match with 5kg rear not shown here.

First drive of 9/5 prototype springs in ClubSport Coilovers.  WOW, wish we had these at Sonoma!  Yes, the difference is obvious.  It rides stiffer for sure over the freeway expansion joints and is MUCH more flat in the turns.  Good news is the magic of the progressive transition in this spring is still there, more stiff ride for sure but still plenty comfortable for dual purpose car. I will write up something to say those planning 80 percent street use should get the standard 7/4 springs, the 9/5 is for the guy planning more like 60 percent street and 40 percent autocross/track.   Still not as fast and serious as MeisterR ClubRace 10kg/6kg coilovers, but really fast and I look forward to autocross on this setup.  I needed to turn the koni damping half a turn more stiff front and rear.
Attachments
SpringFun.jpg
SpringFun.jpg (1.43 MiB) Viewed 348 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
PeterB456

Post by PeterB456 »

I literally just installed my set! Haven't even finished setting ride height or the alignment. PLEASE tell me you'll offer the springs separately? I'll make plans to update at the end of this season.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The race springs will go to production...but with testing just started these will likely be new for 2025. Yes, we will offer them separately.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
PeterB456

Post by PeterB456 »

Brian wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:17 pm The race springs will go to production...but with testing just started these will likely be new for 2025. Yes, we will offer them separately.
YAY! That timeline works with my upgrade path.
Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

My own NC toy testing new springs in our ClubSport Coilovers.
It has settled to about 13.1 front and 13.3 rear, will adjust up to our normal 13.25 front and 13.5 rear for autocross this weekend to make sure we have the clearance we need for our bigger wheels with race tires.
This is my 17x8 Hypergram Street setup with 235/40 tires.
Attachments
CoiloverHeight.jpg
CoiloverHeight.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 179 times
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com