Center cap decals - Pro tip

Installations instructions for MonsterFlow intakes, Big Brake Kits, shocks and more.
Greg @ GWR

Center cap decals - Pro tip

Post by Greg @ GWR »

We have had some customers over the last few months lose a center cap decal from their wheels. There can be various reasons for these occurrences. Reasons can range from the adhesive backing not strong enough to the cap being dirty where the decal is to be adhered. Also, if not enough pressure is applied to the decal when installed, the adhesive bond may not be strong enough to hold.
Years ago when center caps started to come onto the market with separate decals, the caps themselves arrived with a hole in the center. I saw someone put a piece of duct tape on the backside of the cap to hold on a loose decal and I've done the same thing to my wheel caps whenever I could.
Here is my old school trick to help secure the decals so they don't come off:
Attachments
Everything that comes with the cap - 3 screws, a decal, and a cap with an Allen taped to it.
Everything that comes with the cap - 3 screws, a decal, and a cap with an Allen taped to it.
20220507_145742.jpg (1.31 MiB) Viewed 4773 times
Press the decal onto the cap. Leave the protective film on the decal while handling the cap.
Press the decal onto the cap. Leave the protective film on the decal while handling the cap.
20220507_145949.jpg (1.35 MiB) Viewed 4773 times
Backside of the cap with the tape attached. Please note how the tape is at the center, it is pressed onto the back of the decal. This is key.
Backside of the cap with the tape attached. Please note how the tape is at the center, it is pressed onto the back of the decal. This is key.
20220507_150029.jpg (1.39 MiB) Viewed 4773 times
Attach the caps with the supplied screws. Don't overtighten, they can strip!
Attach the caps with the supplied screws. Don't overtighten, they can strip!
20220507_150252.jpg (3.58 MiB) Viewed 4773 times
Finished and looking good!
Finished and looking good!
20220507_151811.jpg (3.12 MiB) Viewed 4773 times
The Only Speed is Mazdaspeed