Tein Flex Z for ND daily driver

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
HyungsunL864

Tein Flex Z for ND daily driver

Post by HyungsunL864 »

Hello,
I am looking to change stock suspensions to coilovers for lowering

how Is Tein Flex Z coilover for daily drivers?

If it is not too hard, I would try it :)

Thank you
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Tein Flex Z for ND daily driver

Post by Brian »

They are popular, but 'too hard' is too subjective for any person to answer for you. What is too stiff for one person is too soft for the next. If you really want to go coilovers but keep the ride plush and have full height control then I suggest the the RSR or the Cusco. Notice the RSR has a 3kg rear, and it is a really long travel setup with a long travel spring. The Cusco 'Street Zero-A' have a 3.5 kg rear, almost as plush as the RSR but shorter travel and just a bit more rate.

RSR Sports-I Coilovers
2016-2023

Cusco Street Zero-A Coilovers
2016-2023
Street Comfort and Precision Height Control

Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
HyungsunL864

Post by HyungsunL864 »

Thank you Brian for the suggestion!

What about MeisterR ZetaCRD Coilovers?

ZetaCRD and Cusco are in my budget!

Are they okay with stock sway bar?

p.s.
I hope they would be Thanksgiving sale haha
Brian wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 4:05 pm They are popular, but 'too hard' is too subjective for any person to answer for you. What is too stiff for one person is too soft for the next. If you really want to go coilovers but keep the ride plush and have full height control then I suggest the the RSR or the Cusco. Notice the RSR has a 3kg rear, and it is a really long travel setup with a long travel spring. The Cusco 'Street Zero-A' have a 3.5 kg rear, almost as plush as the RSR but shorter travel and just a bit more rate.

RSR Sports-I Coilovers
2016-2023

Cusco Street Zero-A Coilovers
2016-2023
Street Comfort and Precision Height Control

Brian
Site Admin

Post by Brian »

The CRD is a popular choice, good performance. Rear spring is 4.5 kg so just expect it is much stiffer ride than choices I mentioned above. I keep mentioning just rear springs because in these cars we are essentially sitting on the rear springs. The CRD will respond faster with those higher rates, and it will ride more firm too, it's a tradeoff.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com