Right wheel size for an NC1

Miata Parts, Intakes, Superchargers, Headers, Exhausts, Shocks, Springs, Sway Bars, Brake Kits, Autocross and track mods.
OmarT544

Right wheel size for an NC1

Post by OmarT544 »

So I'm loving these Konig wheels https://www.good-win-racing.com/Mazda-P ... -2312.html, but don't know what the effect on a stock NC is since they're not the stock size (17x7?). I don't intend to track the car or anything. I work from home so this is my weekend fun drive car or for when I need to do quick errands that my wife can't take care of.

The Konigs up there are 17x8, so it sounds like I'll need wider tires. How much wider? I want the closest to a stock setup, no fender rolling or anything. How much will that wider wheel change the feel of the car? I'm on stock springs with Koni STR.T shocks if that matters.

I'm probably matching the wheels with the Continental ECS/DWS. Recently moved to NC and can't decide if I stick to summer tires or get all seasons for the winters here. This year temps are down to the 20s so it sounds like I should get the all seasons but that's a separate discussion.

Edit: I'd love for my NC to look like the silver one shown off on that page. I have a 2006 in Galaxy Gray that will look similar to that one. The wheels seem to align better with the wheel wells. In the case of those wheels, how does the car feel with that different size/fitment?
Brian
Site Admin

Re: Right wheel size for an NC1

Post by Brian »

Those Ampliforms are best for a lowered NC with good camber numbers, not a stock height Miata. That 40 offset is about ideal on a car lowered 1.5 inches or more, result is nice and flush with the fender lips. But on a stock height NC you don't have enough camber for offset that aggressive and we would suggest more conservative offset. See our numerous 45 to 50mm offset 17x8 and see the fitment notes front page of our NC wheel section where the tire sizes are discussed in lots of detail.
Brian Goodwin
Good-Win Racing
www.good-win-racing.com
OmarT544

Re: Right wheel size for an NC1

Post by OmarT544 »

Got it, I will go over those notes. Thanks!